Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Being Scent Free >

Being Scent Free

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Being Scent Free

Old 08-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Being Scent Free

When you guys are washing your hunting clothes to you wash everything you are going to wear or just your camo? Like do you wash everything down to your underwear and just stick to your scentfree washed clothes? Or do you just wash your camo and then put layers on underneath to keep warm or whatever that are not scent free?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Being Scent Free

i wash clear down to my long underwear or whateve i use to layer with. Im sure you could go clear down to boxers but i think with scentlock and every thing else on top of it i do ok. Ive heard of some people even washing the towels they dry off with after they take a scent free shower

Old 08-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

i wash clear down to the boxers..i don't know that it matters but i don't want to take a chance when it comes to that big brusier
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM

Without a doubt dude...skivvies...socks....long johns....everything goes in the scent free wash.

Why would you not?

Just throw em in with your hunting clothes too.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM

And don't forget the towels you use to dry off with. Nothing like going through all that work to use a towel that smells like a spring rain..... I even wear rubber gloves when handling my clothing during the process...
Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 PM

Wow, that's hardcore. Good tip though.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wash everything I am going toput on my body, includingbackpacks, gloves, undies...and store them in scent tight containers. I put my scent lok clothing in a seperate storage bag within the container. I only dress in the woods and undress in the woods with those clothes while whitetail hunting.

I put my new baselayers to the test this past week. I wore the top 6 straight days, while hiking my arse off...only storing it in the container in the evening after letting it air out for about 30 minutes to an hour outside of my camper. It never once smelled of sweat or body odor. I did shower everyday, sometimes two times a day in the camper, sprayed down everyday and used the hunters specialties body powder and pit stick. Worked great. Often I had antelope down wind of me and they never once spooked to smell.

The real test will come in less than a week on whitetails. I plan to wear the base layertop and bottom,which is very light weight, wicks persperation incredibly and breathes great. On top of that I will be wearing a light weight scent lok 3D, guillie suit if its not to hot, rubber boots/scent lok socksand scivies bout it... same cleaning/spraying downregimen as I did with the lopers.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr
And don't forget the towels you use to dry off with. Nothing like going through all that work to use a towel that smells like a spring rain..... I even wear rubber gloves when handling my clothing during the process...
Good tip...forgot about that one. Good tip though.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

I wash everything I am going toput on my body, includingbackpacks, gloves, undies...and store them in scent tight containers. I put my scent lok clothing in a seperate storage bag within the container. I only dress in the woods and undress in the woods with those clothes while whitetail hunting.

I put my new baselayers to the test this past week. I wore the top 6 straight days, while hiking my arse off...only storing it in the container in the evening after letting it air out for about 30 minutes to an hour outside of my camper. It never once smelled of sweat or body odor. I did shower everyday, sometimes two times a day in the camper, sprayed down everyday and used the hunters specialties body powder and pit stick. Worked great. Often I had antelope down wind of me and they never once spooked to smell.

The real test will come in less than a week on whitetails. I plan to wear the base layertop and bottom,which is very light weight, wicks persperation incredibly and breathes great. On top of that I will be wearing a light weight scent lok 3D, guillie suit if its not to hot, rubber boots/scent lok socksand scivies bout it... same cleaning/spraying downregimen as I did with the lopers.

so howd you do antelope hunting? get one?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 PM

i was everything and were scent lok. i hear some people say to go as far as to was your casual clothes you are going to be wereing in between hunts if your hunting an entire weekend. and i use the scent free deoderant and shampoo and stuff.

Quick Reply: Being Scent Free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.