Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To Strap or Not To Strap? >

To Strap or Not To Strap?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To Strap or Not To Strap?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default To Strap or Not To Strap?

Just wondering what kind of wrist sling/strap do you use on your bow? Do you use the normal braided leather or some other material? Why do you use the kind you use?

LT
Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To Strap or Not To Strap?

i use the braided kind its the kind i found no real reason for the braided kind.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

yea, i shoot the braided just because it looks cool. i think it just gives me a sense of security that as the bow recoils after the shot, it isn't going anywhere.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leather, Nylon, Braided, what its made of never mattered much to me, long as I have one. I even have some home made ones out of leather that slips over your thumb and finger, just enough to keep the bow from jumping out of your hand.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 PM

they serve no purpose really except for confidence....i didn't think they would make that big of a difference, till i took mine off. my groups went WAAAYYYY down. same when i broke my stabilizer last year, went from hitting quarters to missing the bag, its all about confidence. i got a new stabilizer the next week, and as soon as i put it on my groups started coming back.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just shoot a Guardian and you won't need one. It just sits right there after the shot.

Personally I have never used one. One less thing to worry about in the stand. Trying to get your hand under the strap.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can you see it, the braided kind...it was just cool to sorta match the bow.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a braided nylon one. When I keep my bow on my lap on stand, I know my bow isn't going to be going anywhere. It also helps confidence while shooting knowing that the bow isn't going anywhere.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a braded one with a camo leather piece that goes under the stabilizer on my hunting bow. I use a finger sling on my target bows.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the bowtech factory leather kind myself. I don't have a problem with the Equalizer jumping at the shot. I do like the confidence side of it though. My issue is how much sweaty scent soaks into that leather during practice, hunting, ect. I know for a fact that leather holds odor quite well. I always spray mine down before hunting with scent killer of some sort. I just think it still smells like sweaty leather, if that makes sense.

LT

Quick Reply: To Strap or Not To Strap?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.