Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS >

Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Old 08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

All free and clear.I use Atsko myself.I have never taken an ultra violet light to any of my hunting clothing.Atsko does make a product that eliminates or tames the UV brighteners in clothing.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Hey Motown,

They say that great minds think alike. Only, I'm pretty sure I don't have one but you were on my same wave length. So... what does that say or rather, "they" say about our minds now?
ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

WOW.

It says that your minds both instantly went to the gutter. Watch out Motown, somebody's
got a man crush on you.
Not fun being in the skillet is it? When you belittle someone for being creative it shows alot about ya. Think about what you have done and apologize or put your nose in the corner.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:39 PM

Hoytail Hunter-
I considered doing the same thing, but never followed through w/it.Creative. And I'm sureyour suit works better than most over the counter patterns.
Didyou try using fine sandpaper to lightly scuff the leaves to take away the glossy reflection.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK it's starting to get scary how people are thinking my thoughts. LOL

Yes, dangolbowhunter I thought about that but didn't want to sand away the definition in the leaves. These are silky-ish leaves anyway so there really isn't a gloss to them. I just fear because they are a different texture that they don't hold in the same rangeof thespectrum as real leaves. This is why I'm thinking of a way to accelerate the wear on them at the same time not destroying them. I think I'll just try what some of the guys suggested.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Maybe hang them in the sun to fade them some. Don't know if they'll fade or not, but, worth a try. Kudos for your creativity and saving a ton of money!!! Scent Killer (brand) by Wildlife Research Center, detergent is odorless and has no UV brighteners.
When we built our tower stand last year, we added leaves like you have on the fall suit. I lightly sprayed some flat paint on them to take down the "shine" you are worried about. Worked quite well. Don't know if there is fabric paint that has a flat finish or not. Easy to find out tho. Michael's (art store) would know.
PS. Would you make a suit for me? Maybe 2, one for early season and one for the later.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

I think it looks like it would be very effecive, Hoyttail. And inexpensive to boot! My only concern would be noise (rustling) if I moved at all. I use my ears a lot when Ihint and I put a very high value on the quietness of my camo.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like it, good thinking. I used the BDUs for years.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Motown, glad you learned something about me today.

Anyway, I get made fun of for wearing ASAT (ugly camo) at my camp. You just have to roll with
the little things in life, and it helps to have a sense of humor.

BTW, what skillet? Did I miss something?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ladybowhntr
PS. Would you make a suit for me? Maybe 2, one for early season and one for the later.
Well howdy neighbor. Looking forward to the 15th too?

Make you a suit? hmmm maybe if I didn't have to spend every afternoon and evening taking care of my 2 month old baby girl. Even then I'd need 2 hours a piece and $100.00 an hour.Each suittakes about 80-90 leaves which is about 40-45 separate painstaking stitchings.The majorityof that fee though, really goes to compensate mefor any "belittling" I might have to endure as a direct result of making the product.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Damn, the pictures worked after all, no more fun.

Hey when I first started and for years I wore Army fatigue pants and a old Treebark shirt...but I got smarter? ? ?
Actually you got a job that pays real money, quit your bohemian lifestyle, and took up high camo-fashion. We need GregH right now for the retro treebark look!

Quick Reply: Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.