Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS >

Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Good thinkin', Hoyttail. No need to drop all that money on designer crap if you can make something better at home.

I wanted to make myself a ghillie suit once. About halfway through I learned I'd caused a worldwide shortage of burlap.[&:]
Old 08-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Very creative. I've considered constructing a similar outfit several times, using camo netting to attach the leaves to was another consideration in case I wanted to use a different base color like 3 color desert instead of woodland. BTW, if there are "Dollar Tree" stores in your area you can get a bag of 100 of those leaves in either green or Fall colors for $1.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
Hey when I first started and for years I wore Army fatigue pants and a old Treebark shirt...but I got smarter? ? ?
uhhh... so what will I be wearing once or if I get smarter too?
I'm not sure, when will that be, no telling what might be invented by that time. [8D]

I'm just ribbin on ya my friend. It looks great and actually, in the photo of you with the deer, your wearing Realtree or Treebark? The army fatigue camo actually looks better, it's a more open/contrasting pattern than the bland Realtree or Treebark that appears to be faded.

Don't change a thing but like mentioned, be careful not to put any leaves on the inside of the bow arm or anywhere else that might catch the string.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Treebard
Treebard??? Is that camo for guys who like wandering through the woods with a lute, serenading the trees??
Old 08-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Treebard
Treebard??? Is that camo for guys who like wandering through the woods with a lute, serenading the trees??
LOL caught me AP, damn....I'm off my pain med too...don't know how the fingers hit a d when the brain was thinking k. Me fix.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

You have no idea how many times I've proofread my posts and had to go back through and correct 'eld' and 'turdey.'

[8D]
Old 08-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

You have no idea how many times I've proofread my posts and had to go back through and correct 'eld' and 'turdey.'

[8D]
Amen AP and I needed or is it 'neekek' that laugh, specifically the 'turdey'.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OGW

Hoytail Hunter, I did something similar with some camo that had faded and used "Sneaky Leaf". I only used about half of what this link shows in thier pic's though:
http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/store/store-camo-3d-leaf.htm

You just have to be careful not to put any on the inside of your bow arm to cut down on any interference or noiseor along side your facemask so it does not mess up your anchor point.
hmmm... I guess the guys at the hunting camp can have as much a field day they want. Apparantly, it works and someone is already making a living capitalizing on the idea.

And yep, OGW and Rob, I made sure not to sew any leaves on certain sections of the sleeves. The suit is almost stealthily silent even on the draw.

Hopefully it produces something else this year.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

At least if you get busted the deer will die laughing.....
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Banned

looks good.

Quick Reply: Predator and 3-d ASAT too expensive? TRY THIS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.