Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage vs. Practice tip >

Rage vs. Practice tip

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage vs. Practice tip

Old 08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage vs. Practice tip

I shot this at 50 yards one was a rage 2 blade and the other arrow is a practice tip. I was aiming at the middle dot.

Die Hard

25 Days!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage vs. Practice tip

It looks like it is shooting good. Question, I just got the Rage 2 Blade last week, are you shooting the practice tip that comes with it(blue one that doesnt open) or an actual sharp Rage 2 Blade? And is it ok to shoot only the practice tip, or should i also shoot the actual broadhead?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Good thing this wasn't a fixed blade BH - probably would have lost some fletching. Nice to know . . . . I was trusting they would hit the same, but never confirmed it.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

It looks like it is shooting good. Question, I just got the Rage 2 Blade last week, are you shooting the practice tip that comes with it(blue one that doesnt open) or an actual sharp Rage 2 Blade? And is it ok to shoot only the practice tip, or should i also shoot the actual broadhead?
I lost my practice tip (dumb me) so I was forced to shoot one of the hunting heads. I would just shoot the practice tip and save the sharp ones for hunting.

Die Hard

25 Days!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:28 PM

My RAGE 2 broadheads should be on my doorstep when I get home! Hope they shoot like that for me too.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:30 PM

Hey one more thing...shoot one of those RAGE broadheads into an area with little holes and pull it out then take a picture, wanna see what the hole looks like.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

My wife and I each shot two Black Bears in Alberta last May. Take my word for it. The entry and exit holes were incredible. I have been shooting Rocky Mtn Titaniums and G5's the past couple of years, but not anymore. I am sold on the Rages.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got the same results a 50 yards. They are the real deal. That's some nice shooting at 50 yards too.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

good going on practicing with the head you plan to hunt with. I never go into the woods without testing the equipment first.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice!

After looking REAL close, I could finally make out what look to me the blade cuts.... looks like the arrow on the right was the Rage and the other was the field point.

Diehard I'm taking you mean "practice point" not as the rage point (since you lost it), but as a "field point" correct?

Quick Reply: Rage vs. Practice tip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.