Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Recovery, What to do After the Shot. >

Recovery, What to do After the Shot.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Recovery, What to do After the Shot.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Recovery, What to do After the Shot.

hey i like double lung shots the best!!! if you hit em there their done.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 AM

After using Blood Glow for 2 seasons I can tell you IT WORKS!!! Every body I tell about this stuff is amazed that it works, but it works. Let me know how it works for you. www.bloodglow.com

Old 11-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: purplekush

hey i like double lung shots the best!!! if you hit em there their done.
yeah, no kidding, that's what we all strive for. Thanks for the suggestion.[:-] That is not what this thread is about. It's for the what if's and things happen, not about double lunging, if we all double lunged every deer, obviously there would be no need for this thread nor all the "I hit him now what threads. " [&:]
Old 11-25-2007, 04:18 AM

This is an excellant thread and here are a couple more things that have helped me,if you lose the blood trail then concentrate on the main deer trails and keep fanning out.A lot of times the deer will follow the main trails so keep looking and marking the last spots where you find blood.If you can take an experienced tracker/hunter with you so that you can learn 9your never to old to learn I'm 51 years old and I'm still learning.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 PM

One of the most important things that I learned from a “Mr. Fred Bear” video...
The very first thing you should do after the shot is stay still! One of the first things deer and other big game will do is look around after being hit with an arrow. If you stay still and they don’t see you there is a good chance they won’t take off at mach 2. I have seen way too many hunting videos with guys high fiving in the tree right after the shot with the deer in sight[:@] And they wonder why the deer ran 150 to 200yrds[&:]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I think this is one of the better threads on the forum.

Yesterday, I was hunting and arrowed a doe. She drop at the shot , so it was high, and the arrow only half passed through. I think it may have been above the spine, beacause when we did start tracking, the blood that we found was a deep red, but no air bubbles.
I waited three hours, and followed a blood trail for the next 4 hours over about a mile. I found my arrow, minus the broadhead, about 50 yards before the end of the blood trail.
At the end of the blood trail, I found three large areas of blood, then the trail stoped. Spent the next 2 hours trying to pick up the blood again, butno luck. I am just sick over this, it is like she just dissapeard.

Any advice would be great.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two days ago my buddy shot a doe. We gave her an hour then I went after her.Fresh snow showed an un-Godly blood trail about a foot and a half wide, and SOLID red. I figured she made it to the hill and died at the bottom. When I got there I saw her looking up at me from the bottom! Hiding in some grass, she had double backed on her blood trail and was still alive. I was taping the whole thing,so I had time to zoom in on her and get a 30 yard ,double lung , kill shot. She still ran 20 yards before piling up. Just goes to show ya how tough they are. And there not dead till they are in the truck!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:18 PM

great post Rob. . .even for those of us that have been at it for a while, never hurts toget a reminder every now and again