Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!! >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Broken arrow,
Private land can be hunted for free, i hunt all my private land for free, all i do is help the landowner out with tasks such as building fence, reapiring a shed or anything he needs. Yea its hard to find but its out there, all it takes is hard work.Do some drinving around one daywith a plat book and find a peice you like, knock on the door and ask politely, whats the worst that could happen? You may ask100 people, and only get one yes, but thats all you need.Its out there, but its not gonna come to you, you gotta find it.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:46 PM

I believe selfish is the word...
Some of you care so much about shooting your "monster" buck, that you try to impose your will on others. Does letting small bucks go create bigger bucks? Yes. Does everyone care about bigger bucks? No. How is it fair to ask people that enjoy the way that they hunt and have always hunted to change, in order for you to have a better time? Everyone should have a right to enjoy their hunt without having someone else's selfish will imposed on them. There is nothing wrong with informing hunters that passing small bucks creates big bucks, but that is where it should end. Why should someone be made to feel inferior, because their standard of what satisfies them is different than yours? IfYOU want to shoot a big buck, thenYOU hold out and practiceYOUR antler restrictions. You guys have a lot of nerve telling someone else what they should do on their own land. Are they not the ones that pay the taxes? Is it not their time spent on stand?
When will you guys learn that not everyone has the time, let alone desire, to spend their whole fall waiting on a P&Y buck.
I set my sites on shooting a large buck each year. I normally pass on smaller bucks. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I give in to myself and shoot one that is smaller. It sure is nice being able to make that decision for myself.
Once again the word is selfish. You care so much about your personal satisfaction, that you are willing to compromise the happiness of others in order to achieve it.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I worked my AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! off for years so I could be the highest bidder. I live in Illinois where you stillcan buy land. Some people have dreams and some people work there as!!!!!!!! off to make there dreams dreams come true! When you feel sorry for yourself, you lose!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Work hard and you can go it!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Trophy hunters lack a trophy of their own.[8D]

Old 08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if all the teams want their members adhering to strict QDMA.
Sure, for the
guys that have been there done that, why not be patient and work on your herd. I have and
will do this with rifle. But I'm not doing it with my bow. Any 2.5 year old is going to find the
business end of my arrow.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

[/quote]
I'm just lucky to live in a state with years and years of excellent management practices.
[/quote]

Good for you, you want a cookie to go with that? I dont get some of the comments on here. Due to a recent move I am forced to hunt state land, FYI I wont be picky, I have been selectivein the past, does it make me wrong to shoot a 1.5 if I decide to? HECK NO! I believe in practicing management where applicable but I will never judge another person for what they shoot unless it isgame waste.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL... this cracks me up.

Wolfen, shame on you... you're gettin' off easy this year. You didn't even have to put any effort into it this time!

I remember a few years back when you used to have to post two or three times to get it to go 10 pages! [8D]
Old 08-19-2007, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter2001

WhenI first started bowhunting,I shot anything that moved to gain confidence.Five yearsago, I bought my own 135 acres in IL. I shot one doeafter 3 years, just to see if I could still do it. I wanted quality, not quanity. I planted several food plots. I let deer go everytime I hunted. I did a lot of filming. Last year I arrowed two bucks both over 200 lbs. dressed. First one was 18" inside spread8 pointer. The second one was 11 pointer with 23-1/4" inside spread with a 7" drop tine. Both made P&Y.I think you can shoot whatever makes you happy and is legal.I will continueto practice QDM. I want the big ones or nothing at all.
Respect for going out and getting what makes you happy. It's even sweeter when you really have to work for it.

Good job.

Work for it??.....

How is buying a piece of land and just not shooting anything for a couple years while you feed them artificial supplements to grow their racks considered "working for it"??

This is what I don't understand about the TDM crusade. It has been proven time and time again (see above) that it requires absolutely no additional skill to kill bigger bucks if you just don't shoot them for a couple years............naturally there are more of them around and they become easier to find and kill. Why would you want to make what you do LESS satisfying??

To kill a monster buck in an area where people rarely even see them is something to be proud of...........to drag something out that will make guys shake their heads in amazement that a deer that size came from those woods..........THAT is something to strive for and THAT is worthy of RESPECT!!!

Any clown can kill a big buck where they are plentiful..............just turn on a hunting show if you want proof.

Seriously, who had the tougher task and is deserving of more praise???..........the guy who drops a big boy in Illinois...........or similar deer dropped in Delaware.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

AAHH i can not STAND when people bring up this whole thing about how hunting on private land means you have 100 percent chance of shootin a monster buck. I mean seriously a whitetail deer is a whitetail deer they all have the same instincts and the same will to survive.I dont see any 150" buck walkin under my stand at 10 yards pleadin to me to let him have it. I hunt private land because one, there is no public land within i dont know how far from me, two because, like so many before me, my family has worked their you know what off for the ability to own land, and finally three im a really nice guy and people like lettin me on their land. Mabey if most folk werent such %&#^ then they would have a little something too!

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.