Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

predator camo

Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default predator camo

looking to order predator camo. i cant decide between fall grey or deception.

i really like the contrast of doesnt blob...which is what i like about predator camo...but the colors almost seem unnatural to me. the woods i hunt are mostly closed canopys and tend to be dark. when im bowhunting, the leaves are usually on the trees and turning colors/falling..

i just cant decide. anyone able to post pics of them or someone else in both colors?? i seen gregs post on the grey...i looked online but cant find anything too good. id really like to see someone in deception in the woods. i just see some grey that has alot (like too much of white to it) and others that it looks good. then i see some deception pics that looks blobby...and others where it doesnt...

any help? thanx guys
Old 08-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: predator camo

Here is from MI woods Mauser Fall Grey

I have Deception now, I think both are great

Old 08-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks good Germ, I have some of the same. The ladder stand sticks out more than the hunter and that's a good thing.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think you've got to hand-sort through the Deception patterns I've ran across; some are ok, but there's a lot that do tend to be too much of the same tones throughout, lending itself to the same blobbing you're probably trying to avoid.

For that reason, I simply turn to Fall Gray. I want that sharp contrast which helps eradicate the human outline. Having too much white has never even remotely been a problem for me; but I do 99.9% of my hunting from treestands, and that "white" (it's actually a shade of gray and not white; I've spoken with the designer numerous times about how far off it is from white in reality) actually helps break up those geographic chunks extremely well and blends in with light gray winter skies exceptionally well.

I promise when I get back from my elk trip and get caught up on family time to have my wife snap some pics of me in some Fall Gray from the ground while I'm up in a treestand.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Here is from MI woods Mauser Fall Grey

I have Deception now, I think both are great

I think you should beanother 100' up the ridge.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you should beanother 100' up the ridge.
I think that is not me I only hunt out of climbers and fix stands
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just picking!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some new camo pics. Thanks Germ. There aren't enough good ones floating around. Just staged ones.

I just ordered the Fall Gray Suit on sale at Cabelas. I can't say which one is best because I simply
relied on the advice of people on here who mostly seem to be Fall Grey fanatics.

That and subtle advertising might work (Todd wore this sometime on Beyond the Kill) and it looked
pretty good in the tree.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys. germ, that looks good...but im still somewhat skeptical to what it will look like in dark woods. i guess alot of trees and such do have greys and such...we just dont really see it...i know the lighter colors is what breaks things up...my stands looked like a blobb with just green and brown on them. hit them with a kackie color and they looked awesome.

think i will go with the fall grey, since i cant hand pick the deception. hopefully i get some with just a bit less light colors...or maybe order deception and hope for a bit more light colors im not indesicive....i just cant make up my mind
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mauser06

thanx guys. germ, that looks good...but im still somewhat skeptical to what it will look like in dark woods. i guess alot of trees and such do have greys and such...we just dont really see it...i know the lighter colors is what breaks things up...my stands looked like a blobb with just green and brown on them. hit them with a kackie color and they looked awesome.

think i will go with the fall grey, since i cant hand pick the deception. hopefully i get some with just a bit less light colors...or maybe order deception and hope for a bit more light colors im not indesicive....i just cant make up my mind
Mauser being deer are color blind it does not matter(IMO).

Have Greg give you his Contrast speech. It really change my thinking. You are looking at camo through your eyes. Look through it like a deer would

Quick Reply: predator camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.