Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think Scent Lok is a must? >

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Old 08-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Nope![:'(]
Old 08-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

i dont know if anyone touched on this or not, of you that use them, do you think the deer can smell the suit, i seem to think my suit has an aroma to it that i know if i can smell ita deer can certainly smell it. what do you guys think, i have a suit and wonder sometimes, although i dont usually get busted often.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have enough camo that Iput a days worth of clothes in a plastic bag after washing it in scent away soap and have the bags separated into cold vs warm weather. I end up with 5 or 6 full set-ups ready to go.
I also use coveralls alot and don't put them on until I am in the woods. I also use nothing but scent free soap on ALL my clothes as the season nears.
Play the wind right and you can smell like an old goat anyway..
Old 08-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Atlas,
I seem to be a target in this thread. At least your latest target. I'm not going to try and match wits w/ you. You are much more intelligent than I.
I wanted to know what your expierence was w/activated carbon because you seemed to be privy to information that the rest of uswere not.It was not meant to disscredit you or what you were saying.
You want to know my background? In this case, you want to know if I have any scientific knowledge of activated carbon.
I do not...and never said I did.
I am , however , intelligent enough to understand and comprehend what I read , in scientific terms.I may be one of the few poeple in the world who keepshis Chemistry and Physics texts from college.(1976 if youneed know).

In your infinate knowledge of this subjet, you see flaws. You are saying that according to your expierence that activated carbon cannot be reactivated. That's what your findings say.
On the other hand, we have results from another lab that says it can be reactivated.

The debate goes on...I guess we'll never know. As someone stated earlier in this thread...science can prove or disprove anything.It can depend on the testing procedures and the intended applicationsas you know.

My expierence w/ SL has been in the woods. I used to get busted alot.
Since I began using it, I have NEVER been busted due to scent. That's 10 years worth of woods time. If it did not work for me I would not spend the $. No one gives ME a free suit to wear. I'm don't like wasting $. Just ask my wife.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't ever been able to afford it. I've killed deer without it, but who knows how many of deer I would've killed with it.

I always spray down with Scent Killer, but have never actually used carbon-activated clothing.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Let's just have everyone who's commented on the stuff (including the Dr. from NC State and the chemist) list their credentials.

He who has the most initials after his name, wins.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: archer58

Atlas,
I seem to be a target in this thread. At least your latest target.
Not at all...........You asked, I answered.......I asked, you left.

you seemed to be privy to information that the rest of uswere not.
Not true.

It was not meant to disscredit you or what you were saying.
If you say so.

You want to know my background? In this case, you want to know if I have any scientific knowledge of activated carbon.
I do not...and never said I did.
I know..........that's why I have said all along that it is difficult to have this conversation.

I am , however , intelligent enough to understand and comprehend what I read , in scientific terms.I may be one of the few poeple in the world who keepshis Chemistry and Physics texts from college.(1976 if youneed know).
I took a Spanish class in high school once too.......I even remember a few words here and there. Stick me in a room full of people speaking Spanish and I will be lost............only picking up tidbits of info that sound familiar but not really understanding what is being said.

You are saying that according to your expierence that activated carbon cannot be reactivated. That's what your findings say.
In a dryer???........No..........and they aren't my findings.

On the other hand, we have results from another lab that says it can be reactivated.
Again we fall into a useless debate..........you are trying to pit the immutable laws of Science against info put out by a company through a lab that has been fined millions of dollars for falsifying results in the past.

Hundreds of years of Science vs. a cheap infomercial.

The debate goes on...I guess we'll never know.
There is no debate.......we do know. Some choose to ignore facts and believe in fairy tales and marketing instead.

You can lead a horse to water..........

Since I began using it, I have NEVER been busted due to scent. That's 10 years worth of woods time. If it did not work for me I would not spend the $. No one gives ME a free suit to wear. I'm don't like wasting $. Just ask my wife.
I have a lucky pair of socks.........I don't associate magical powers that defy the laws of Science to them though.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Bartender

That you know of in red but I would bet you have been and may not know it.
ORIGINAL: archer58

Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Bartender

SOB's got me into this again, I swear last time on this scent lok issue.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 AM

Alright Atlas,
Could you post a link on the peer reviews you mentionrd relevant to this discussion.
I would like to see the data you are considering relevant.

Quick Reply: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.