HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you think Scent Lok is a must? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/202779-do-you-think-scent-lok-must.html)

Bullet Hole Bailey 08-18-2007 08:36 AM

RE: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

I dont think its needed.

nvshooter 08-18-2007 08:37 AM

Don't want to Hijack the thread, but I have to ask a related question?

If you do not use Carbon clothing, how often do you wash your outermost layer when hunting?

I plan on washing the innermost layers everyday.

MOTOWNHONKEY 08-18-2007 08:44 AM

I wash mine before every hunt. I have lots of camo and always have a fresh batch for each hunt. I think clean clothing is key. Yes scentlok is a Must. You MUST not waist your money on it.

sid828 08-18-2007 08:47 AM

I agree! Ever wonder what a deer actually smells? I was always lerry of cover scents. We hunt in the ceders. The best cover scent in the world in the ceders, is ceder. I take those ceder berries and rub them from head to toe. I smell like a Christmas Tree in the blind. Never have been busted by smell. Movement yes!

Sportsfann 08-18-2007 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: sid828

I agree! Ever wonder what a deer actually smells? I was always lerry of cover scents. We hunt in the ceders. The best cover scent in the world in the ceders, is ceder. I take those ceder berries and rub them from head to toe. I smell like a Christmas Tree in the blind. Never have been busted by smell. Movement yes!
I do agree with you, but you never had a deer snort-blow at you?

TeeJay 08-18-2007 10:02 AM

nope

Tribal 08-18-2007 10:05 AM

My personal opinions is it's a waste of money. All I have read into this and the research done leads me to believe they are taking your money. If it floats your boat and you feel it works wonders then that's all that matters. I have haddeer right down wind, under and in my line of wind and for whatever reason they never winded me.Never had any carbon clothing on.

And this season on Dream season and North American Whitetail I saw bucks smelling guys out 40 yards from their trees that were wearing carbon clothing. I am sure they were using it to manufactures directions.So you decide for yourself if you want to spend that much dough on clothing that don't hurt to have but please don't give into the line "Forget the wind, just hunt".

It won't work like that.

kdsberman 08-18-2007 10:36 AM

Helllllllllll no. Scent Lok is such a ripoff and waste of money. It does no good for you when your deer hunting.

burniegoeasily 08-18-2007 10:43 AM

Never used it in my life, and probably never will. That is, unless someone just gives me a set. I dont care what you have done to get ridof scent, if you are not playing the wind right, you will get busted by the good deer. I saw it last year. A buddy of mine had the whole set of scent loc cloths and undercloths, and was busted everytime he didnt play the wind right. So to me, its just a waste of money.

burniegoeasily 08-18-2007 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

For a while I thought I needed me some of that stuff--You know the pros all swear by it--And it probaly works as good as they say--
The pros use it because scent loc is one of their sponsors. Other than that, I bet they could care less.