Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Maybe I'm getting too old... >

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Old 08-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Default RE: Maybe I'm getting too old...

im just going to respond to the original post about grammer. I feel that there is a time and place for both, just like using slang with your friends. on these forums, as you can prob. tell from my postings, it is much easier/quicker/more effiiciient to use slang and words and not completely worry myself about "theres no period" or "you mispelled a word that can clearly be distinguished. i dont think your too old to understand that, i just feel different generations utilize language, as well as everything else (clothing, hunting habits, etc) different because they were brought up different. now i can see if people have to strain to peice together what a post is saying, but as long as it is distinguishable, if it makes the posters life easier, than whats the harm? i know that i can type on hear like i do, but when i write a college paper it is completely different. its not that i cant write good on here, its just easier and makes more sense as long as what im saying is understood. like i said, i dont think its about being necessarily "old", just a different generation and to me, using abbreviations and slang to get the point across faster an more efficiently makes my day easier than using a damn spell checker on a forum, lol, just my opinion.

longbeard is a good guy, from my experiences, he has given me some good info on public land around here (MD). the only thing he said i didnt agree with was that hunting private land isnt hunting at all, i dont think thats true. yea, it might be harder on public land, but to me, if you hunt over bait and kill a deer everyday, your still hunting. but other than that, LB is cool in my book. thanks