Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dont Hurt Me

Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Dont Hurt Me

Not much movement in your draw, which I like.

Too much movement in your finger, which I dislike.

Look at your bow arm, when shot goes off, your forearm clinches like a bear trap...no good. Keep your hand loose and your arm stiff and straight. Hold the sight on the target till you hear the arrow smack. Your overall looks O.K.
Hell, everyone can improve their form, release, follow-through, EVERYONE! no one is perfect, but you can work on some of the things these guys have posted.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everyone is giving great tips to help improve your form. Im going to have to agree with everyone on here. Take your time as well. Its nto a race. Remember to exhale before you realease so you get a good steady hold on the target as well. Keep your form straight when shooting from the ground, bend at the waist when elevated and squeeze the trigger like you would a rifle trigger.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good on you for posting up to improve yourself 06. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Greg made a good point about your release being long, I noticed that as well.

Also, and its hard to tell from the angle, but it appears to me that your draw length, as its set on that bow, maybe a hair short. It sort of looks like your elbow is not inline with the arrow. That means you are not fully extended. That long release can make arm position a bit deceiving, and while a string loop and or release really don't change your draw length (in my opinion), they can make your arm position seem as though a short bow will fit right. It looked like the nock of the arrow, when you were at anchor, was right at, or even just a bit forward, of the corner of your mouth.

As a few other folks said, take your time, and watch the arrow hit the green dot (if you are shooting at 20, and your 20 pin is green that is).

As bees knees wrote, if you are closing your left hand, that also means you are punching your release. What the right hand does, the left hand wants to do also. Thats why its tricky to pat your head and rub your belly.

If you keep your bow shoulder (Left) low, and turn your hand 45 degrees to your bow... you won't have to worry about string slap. It will look as though your arm is bent... but it will really be straight.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

everyone else has mentioned it, but definitely try to follow the arrow with your sight in order to keep your bow in place. dropping it like you do, although hard to believe, can move it off target.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:36 PM

Your tipping your head into the string. Your peep may be in the wrong place. Your head should be straight up and down with your body when you shoot. When come to full draw you should not have to hunt for the peep or your anchor points, it should just be there.

That video was almost too fast to really get anything out of. You should really slow down your shot sequence some.

There is another video that comes up with yours called "shooting the Yukon" with young man shooting a bow. Take a look at his form and follow through and compare it to yours.

Paul
Old 08-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is another video that comes up with yours called "shooting the Yukon" with young man shooting a bow. Take a look at his form and follow through and compare it to yours.
Yep that'd be my friend shooting my bow haha. After we compared them, I was suprised to see how much I suck[:'(].