Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot the Gaurdian And Black Ice This Weekend >

Shot the Gaurdian And Black Ice This Weekend

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Gaurdian And Black Ice This Weekend

Old 08-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot the Gaurdian And Black Ice This Weekend

Well, this weekend i had to go to a wedding and since a Sportsmans Wharehouse was pretty close buy i decided id swing in. I was looking at the bows and drew a few back and thought the Black Ice felt VERY nice. I then asked if i could shoot it and the guy led me back to a range and let me take about 30-50 shots with it. I could not beleive it! Super fast, super queit, dead in your hands, and extremely nice to shoot. At 20 yards i was drilling these 1"x1" peices of paper. And the bow wasnt even set up for me. The draw length was waaaay to long, there werent any sights, wasnt tuned at all. And i just couldnt believe it. The guy cam back in and watched me shoot once and then kinda chuckled and said "Amagine what you could do with sights!" I was pumped up and very excited. I then asked if i could take a shot or 2 with the guardian and i was very very very impressed extremely fast and shock free. Both very nice bows.

But for some reason i just couldnt set down that black ice.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot the Gaurdian And Black Ice This Weekend

I have heard more and more people saying that lately. Soon everyone will be wanting Diamonds and all those others(Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech) will just be the other brands.

After you shot it did you scream like a little girl like the guy in the commercial?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

NOOOOOOO, i didnt scream! lol lmao

But it sure was a nice bow

Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

What's the difference in Bowtech and Diamond? Aren't Diamonds made by Bowtech?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM

My brother give me his Diamond Rapture and I'm not sold on it yet. It's not super fast and it has 70lb draw weight. It is super quiet. I think it is just my transition from a longer bow to a short one. I'm gettin more and more comfortable with it. The speed is not close to my High Country.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought my Black Ice last week and was using a 2004 Bowtech Liberty previously. The Black Ice is just as smooth drawing as the Liberty but it is definitely more quiet and faster. It literally is dead in your handat the shot.The grip is the best I have ever held and the bow is shorter than the Liberty and the new Bowtech Guardian. I think I am going to be very happy with this bow.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

My buddy bought one Sat. very sweet bow seems to love it so fare, its no X Force though....LOL
Old 08-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

I shot the Black Ice earlier in the summer at my proshop. I was having some work done on my AR31 and the owner insisted I shoot his set up. The draw length was short for me, but his set-up seemed very quick and quiet. I've been having some issues with the AR and might make the leap after the season.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

My buddy bought one Sat. very sweet bow seems to love it so fare, its no X Force though....LOL
You have an X-Force? I had no idea.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Ya but starting to feel a little to slow to me.

Quick Reply: Shot the Gaurdian And Black Ice This Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.