Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Pro Hunter >

Favorite Pro Hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Pro Hunter

Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Pro Hunter

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Elmer Fudd's not realized a ton of success in the modern era.....but his shows were interesting. Pretty good actor, too.
I especially enjoyed his hunting of rabbit with his spear and magic helmet!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Roger Ragglin,Will Primos.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Michael Waddell is my favorite. I enjoy the humor he adds to his shows.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Georgia smack down home boy! Waddell[8D]
Old 08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Spike

not trying to slam ralph and vicky, but how many straight weeks can you watch someone shoot a bear over bait?? or how about that musk ox hunt - that was like watching someone shoot a cow! they seem like real nice people, but how about a deer or elk hunt every now and then!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Michael Waddel mmmm....Waffle House
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 PM

Tom Maranda and Will Primos.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

I gotta say Waddell, only because I can relate to him more. it's hard to explain
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 PM

I was reading stories and hearing stories about Myles from the 70's and followed his accomplishments closely. How as a blue collar Hwy worker in MN, was taking some enormous Whitetails & Bears. All while working as a working class civil servant.
I have been a Baseball fan since as long as I can recall watching baseball. I recall watching I think the 65 World series (Yankees Vs Cardinals) when I was 7. Bob Gibson striking out 17 Yanks in the World Series. As a boy & growing up I idolized Mantle, DiMaggio, Gehrig & Ruth. I still do. Although I am still a fanaticbaseball fan today, I find it hard to really like the players of this age of $$, arogance, steroids and everything else. But I love the game, still.
Like baseball I idolized bowhunting figures like Keller, Dick Idol, Roger Rothar. When I began shooting a long bow & recurve in adolescents I joked while shooting my bows, as hitting my target as Myles Keller. Although I still am deeply passionate about Bowhunting I've lost the same thing in our great tradition as I lost in my love of baseball in the good old days. But I still bowhunt with passion, over 100 days peryear.It use to be that you felt like you could share a soda or beer with the baseball players of the 60's, and before. I felt that way about bowhunting greats of the 60's and 70's too.
Some years later I came to meet the Legend Myles Keller now as I was an adult & during an industry show, after one of his ASL Cancer research benefits he devotes time & resource too. After seeing one of my Giant 8 pointer's (155"), we spoke thru the night over some cold one's and ate too. We've been friends and confidants since. To show what a class act he really is, at one point I had an awesome Iowa farm, I invited Myles over to scout and hunt if he wanted too. He came and spent hours scouting there with me. He said he did not want to hunt, as he did not want to ruin my chances, despite seeing in his words some of the best Big buck sign he ever had. I was hunting an 8 pointer that would score in the 180's!
I came to learn that he is honorable, decent and trustworthy. His in field skills and insight are second to none. Quiet, humble but all the instincts to get it done, while not making himself appear to be all about him.
I just think that now days our great tradition Bowhunting/hunting (like baseball), needs more like him to be around to continue for young and old to see what this thing we call Bowhunting is, and is all about.

I find it sad that our great tradition, Bowhunting like a lot of things in life today, are led towards what is popular now, or what the media wants the public to believe and see. Bowhunting (hunting) is not reality TV or wrestle mania, it's about respect and values.

By the way, Pro means Promotor, not professional, asmost of the self proclaimed personalities want it to mean.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Site Buck Guru

Jim Shockey