Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you name your tree stand locations? >

Do you name your tree stand locations?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you name your tree stand locations?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you name your tree stand locations?

Yup we call em the Flat Stand, Black Bucket, Crick, Blind. Gd luck
Old 08-12-2007, 12:08 PM

I have names for most just for quick reference since I have hunted family property for years. They are: The Summit, Possum Hollow, Food plot, The Pines, Back Fenceline, The Front Field. Pretty basic but it works.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple stand locations named,penoak stand, an Turner's crossing. The penoak gots its name frome the big penoak trees in the area.

Turner's crossing got its name from an older guy that bow hunted down at the camp all the time. He had heart problemsan was found at the bottom of the agri ditch with his hands wrapped around an eight point.I believe it was determined that he died of a heart attack while trying to get the buck up the ditch, which was about 12 feet deep.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea me to... The "Damn hear come somebody stand"... The I cant believe somebody left therecandy wrapper and pee bottle in the woodsstand" And last but not least... The "I wish that but wipe wouldn't of sat 50 yards from my stand stand"

Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Bartender

Yes I have one named the GERM/PUMPKIN stand.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

We have a lot of stands, mostly for gun season,but they are all named!! Bear stand, swamp stand, castle stand, beaver stand, eagles nest 1 and 2, pine stand, ladder stand, pipe stand,river stand, bridge stand, #1, #2, #3, #81, #82, nail stand, rope stand, point stand, balsam stand, hammer stand, and the meadow stand.I'm sure there's more but thats all I can think of right now!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I do, I have a lot of hunting spots, I have one friend Itrust with my life here. He pretty much knows were every stand I have is and I let my wife know where I am hunting..if I dont come home I tell here to call my bud..I He has map of my stands and he knows how to get to me..

few names... of mine are based on the terrain features, like rock bluff stand or the clearcut standor a certain buck that lives in there ..other stands I name in order of were the sit on a long ridge.. ie saddle 1 stand, saddle 2 stand.. etc..
Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 PM

We have names too....hamburger shack, white tower and so on.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:03 PM

We have a few, The lock on, the bottom, the sweet spot, the grassy nole, the south side
Old 08-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Here are a few from my property. The double down stand, powerline stand, acorn haven, and the clover entrance stand.

Quick Reply: Do you name your tree stand locations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.