Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you name your tree stand locations? >

Do you name your tree stand locations?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you name your tree stand locations?

Old 08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you name your tree stand locations?

I have had alot of stands in my hunting time,,usually they are named for there location---they ran anywhere from--- red oak stand--tall pine --kyser block---ray taylor block--schoolhouse block--steele pond block--convict camp stand--ya'll would go to sleep before i could finish naming them all!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Our club hassome 120 stands and forty small food plots over 4000 acres. Wife wife and I hunt 9. Wagon Wheel, Cemetary, Teal, Big Timber, Swamp, Bone Yard, Powerline, Shilow and this year we have to come up with a name for a new one. Maybe Hog Patch.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:32 PM

We have tree blinds that people in are club built. We namethe blind afterwho ever built it.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have Wackem & stackem, The Pond, The food Plot,Split oak, Cedar rub stand, North corn,and Brians. There are more but they don't have names yet.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have my Ridge Field ladder stand,the Bottom field turnip patch stand,middle bottom field stand,Mark's Piece of Crap Stand,Brad's Condominium Stand,Dwain's old ladder stand,Don's Lean-to stand,Kenny's Corner Spot.I need to name a Hunting spot after my Daughters now that they are starting to hunt with me.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot one of ourmost famous stands is the crippler. Many years ago, before safety straps, one of the guys at camp fell out of this one.He was ok. We also named the field it overlooked the cripple field.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Rebar Stand
Barrel Stand
Skyscraper
Nose Bleed
Finger Field
The Bottom Stand
Powerline X
Meat Market

Just to name a few, we got more than I can remember without looking at my map.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, all of them. Hanging Oak, Nancy Stand, Franklin Grade Stand, The Powerline, Boat Seat, 5pt, 8pt, Club Stand, Swamp Stand, Big Pine, Hog Stand, Toilet Seat, too many to list. Te boat seat is a 20 ft ladder stand that I am sure has to be one of the first production hunting stands made. It has been repaired several times and has a boat seat on top of the plywood. The Swamp stand was the first tower stand he ever built, it has been through more hurricanes than I can remember and is still standing.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:14 AM

We have the noisy seat stand, shoulder shot stand, broken seat stand, "yellow grass" stand, "pig pen", the neighbor stand, the "pod" stand and the "point"

Only way I know where they are ... My fiance' will call out the stand by the manf.; I have no clue which one he is talking about until he uses one of the names above.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 AM

Bath Tub
Cemetary
Eathan's
Swamp
Pallet
Low House
High House
Gate Keeper's
Horse Shoe
Tanner's
Christmas Tree

Quick Reply: Do you name your tree stand locations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.