Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for a good release loop >

Looking for a good release loop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a good release loop

Old 08-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking for a good release loop

Can anyone recomend a good release loop, i know its sucha simple thing, but if you dont have a good one, imagine what could happen at full draw if it falls apart
Old 08-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for a good release loop

last year i tied a couple of my own. walmart sells a few pieces of release rope for cheap. not hard to tie...and the release rope from walmart feels exzactly like the shops...just tie it smaller than you need(it will stretch) and burn the ends and make a big ole mushroom. then give er a couple good tugs...i usually stick a screwdriver through the loop and hold the string down while i pull it...
Old 08-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Spike

You need to use a high quality loop material, DON NOTUSE WALMART LOOPS they will stretch alot and are stiff.Look at thislink and buy the good stuff (http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=353639&highlight=d+loop+mater ial). This material is top quality with little to NO stretch and dosent cost much and you will receive it in a few days.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're worrying about your loop letting go, then try this one.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0014547415314a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=+loop&N=4887&Nt k=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt =+loop&noImage=0
Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Spike

my proshop gave me a sample of the camo cord he uses and my releases rip it apart everytime, not to the point where it fails but i've tried the stuff with 2 different releases and still the materials frays. I agree with mauser06 i now use the string loop materials from walmart and i must say it is surpisingly resilient, no frays/cuts with either release aid, eastman outfitters makes the string materials that walmart stocks.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

BCY Loop material is the best I have found. If you PM gibblet here I am sure he can sell you some.