Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I lost my property! >

I lost my property!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I lost my property!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Default I lost my property!

This afternoon i got a knock at my door. I opened the door, and who do i see, the owner of the property that i hunt on. She told me that no one will he allowed to bow hunt this fall. She didnt even give me a reason. To say the least i am a little bummed out. And to top it all off, i just got my trail cam pics and there was a super nice buck in them.

Aint that the ****ts. 1 month to the season, and i loose that property i have hunted for 6 years.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 PM

Default RE: I lost my property!

Ouch! I had that problem year before last. At least you have a month toregroup. Try the regional forum to see if there are any places available close by. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that Crazyguy.....if I were you I would call her up and ask "Why" you can't hunt there any more...is there a problem or is there anything you could do to be able to hunt there again?It just bums me out when I hear news like that because it can be very upsetting to loose your hunting spot that you spent so much time hunting and enjoying!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Yeah, its tough. I have never had a problem with her in the past. When i asked why i couldnt hunt, she went around my question and replyed by saying, we are going to do something different with the property. Personally i think that someone came in and offered her money for exclusive rights. Money talks when it comes to hunting rights.

Oh well... Sunday i will be out looking for a new property to hunt. Problem is, around here pretty much every chunck of private land already has hunters on it. I guess thats life.

-Steve-
Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ouch
Old 08-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear it , but that is exactly why i finally bite the bullet and bought my own property this year , 40 acres of heaven and no one to tell me i cannot hunt it
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Hey crazyguy I feel ya, must be something about S WI cause I too lost my spot to hunt but still have some other great land in Buffalo Cty to hunt.. I am still a little bumbed out it is 65 acres of real thick and nasty stuff sorrounded by corn and beans and such... It sucks... Hope you find something worth while to hunt, at least some place where you can put some back straps in the freezer...
Old 08-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry you lost the property to hunt. Its becoming all to common an occurrence.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep-know the feeling all too well.15 yrs ago I had my last door slammed in my face and bought my own property.Without a doubt,the best investment(financially and hunting wise)I ever made
Old 08-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer man, Been there befor, better get on the ball and come up with a game plan soon. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: I lost my property!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.