Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gorilla Hang On's >

Gorilla Hang On's

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gorilla Hang On's

Old 08-10-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Gorilla Hang On's

Any of you guys have any? I was thinking about the King Kong......have never used a hang-onbefore, justmy Summitt Climber.....seems like the King Kong has a huge platform...I was just wondering about how it attaches to tree.....is it a good system? Thanks Guys
Old 08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gorilla Hang On's

I have 2 Gorilla hang on stands both are the Alumn models (lighter to pack in)

The platforms have more than enough room for me to move around on but then again I am not a big guy either
You can also get a foot rest for them and that makes a real comfy hunt.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

it is ok, i have used one the past couple of years. there not the stand to take down and put up 20 times in a season. but overall, for price, they are pretty comfortable, kinda roomy but kind of a pain to hang. their is no adjustments on it for tree size or angle. if you are going to leave it up all season then its a good stand
Old 08-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

I have a couple Gorillas andI like them. They are comfy and the seat folds flat. I am a bigger guy at 6' 280lbs and I feel just fine in them.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 AM

We had a local sporting goods store go out of business and we were able to buy "Baby Gorillas" for $32.00 each. Couldn't beat the price and we love them. They have nylon straps with a cambucklethat locks them to the tree. To me the are super easy to hang and adjust to trees.

I would recommend tieing the bottom of the stand in once you get it set, then they are super solid.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a couple they seem to be good solid stands and like the others sead. There may be better onesout there?but not for the price(imo).
Old 08-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I love the King Kong

I have 3 of them
Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

i have 2 silverback mags with the footrest ass. i love them. i just got 2 of the new, i forget the name, but they are the camo with the coating, built in footrest and arm rest with the sling seat. i haven't set them up yet, but i bet i like them just the same. the 24x30 platforms are awesome. i also have the king kong ladder, very nice.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM

i have one the king kong...works nice...hangs on with a single strap and is pretty sturdy
Old 08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just like pretty much everyone else has stated, they are great stands. I have several King Kong loungers and a Kong hang on, all are very comfy and roomy platforms. For them money they are deffinetly hard to beat.

Quick Reply: Gorilla Hang On's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.