Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC). >

I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen.

im sorry to hear that Rob, im sure you will heal up quickly. keep us up to date which im sure you will. hope you feel better (ask for some of those litttle pills)
Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry bout your leg Rob....might be time to invest in a good ground blind
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM

GROUND BLIND!!! My Dad had foot surgery last year and couldn't climb up in his condo (insulated, carpet on the floor and walls, windows, propane heater -- you get the drift) so he hunted out of one of our ground blinds. We level up the ground and put some carpet down then use an office chair (can move up and down and it swivels so we don't have to change out chairs depending on who is hunting out of it -- hubby is 6'2" and I am 5'2"). It worked well for him.

Good luck and keep us updated on your healing progress.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Does this mean that next year the opposite side of your rack is gonna look weird??
That's just too funny!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is funny.

Rob I have no doubts you will score on a beautiful buck after you are healed enough. In fact you will help your team out immensly but I gotta tell you that my team will be so far ahead of everyone else it won't matter

Best of luck these next couple of months.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Ouch! Get well soon!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

RTA, thank you and I hope your right. I think the odds are good, those 2 weeks can be amazing and I usually hold off and score those weeks anyway but it's still hunting and we all know how hunting can go...lol I'm optimistic, as much as I can be anyway..

bigjim12, thanks, I have alot of little pills lmao but not sure if they are doing anything, either that or I'm glad I have them cause it could be worse...geesh. I'll keep ya posted, I have nothing but time right now.

Cay4redneck, thanks, I have a blind now, not a great one but I took my 05 contest buck from it... Might have to do it again this year.

Thanks TxStarr, very much appreciated. I'll be online too much...lol Right now I have my foot up, throbbing and I'm trying to get teams picked for the contest. Thanks again.

Talondale, I thought that was a good one. But hey, my buck last year had both sides..lmao.

Wheatley, again, thanks and um, we'll see. Have a great season, you guys have a lot to back up...like the cursed winning teams before you..muuuhahhahha

BobCo, yup, ouch and I'll try, thanks.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I am sorry to hear that buddy. You will get that buck, always have late season.[&:]Wsih you a speedy recovery.

Shane
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM

I feel for ya Rob, that really sucks. If your able to hobble around a bit though I'd try the ground blind. Maybe not in your primary area but atleast it'd be in the woods. It beats sitting here reading our asinine comments all day. I'm sure you can find a tag along to drag the carcass for you. Good luck with whatever you decide, and my suggestion would be to pound the vitamins and herbal remedies to speed the recovery. Also try magnetic therapy around the ankle area. Good luck, and quick healing.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Bartender

Default RE: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Sheesh pal sorry to hear about this one. Come to Wisconsin and use a crossbow now.

Quick Reply: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.