Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what range finder???? >

what range finder????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what range finder????

Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default what range finder????

i'm going to buy a range finderso what range finder tells the best yardage and it is under $250also tell me how far it goes,and how much it cost.

thanks!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: what range finder????

Bushnell yardage pro is +/- $150. I bought one about 6 years ago.....and it's worked just fine. It won't range through my matrix blind netting (so I hear).....but I don't hunt with the netting down, anyways (only hunt birds out of the blind).

You can spend more, for sure......what you get (if you're strictlya whitetail hunter)......I have no clue.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell, Nikon or Leupold. Find one of those that meets your price and has the options you want andget it. They all will give you the correct range and have good optics. It is the options that separate them. Decide which options are important and meet your price requirements and buy one.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

i bought a leupold rx-II from ebay brandnew with factory warranty for $212 shipping and all, it compinsates for angles and everything.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:36 AM

I just bought a Nikon 440 for $190 shipped (ebay). Really nice.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

How crucial do you think a range finder is? I have been debating rather to get one or not, but I want to make sure it is worth it.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 AM

Just another toy I can probably do without. I like it when I practice, especially when sighting in, so I don't have to pace off ranges. We'll see how it works in the woods in a couple months.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

How crucial do you think a range finder is? I have been debating rather to get one or not, but I want to make sure it is worth it.
I think of it like this: I doubt you'll ever have one with and wish you didn't but I am betting that eventually there will be a time you didn't have one and wish you did.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell yardage pro is what i use, have had it for a few years now and love it. it isnt over the top expensive either
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I think of it like this: I doubt you'll ever have one with and wish you didn't but I am betting that eventually there will be a time you didn't have one and wish you did.
Good Point, I just thought I might eventually regret owning it when I could have bought something else I would have put to more use. I mean every time before you shoot a deer, do you use the range finder? It may be worth getting If I could use it enough to justify it.

Quick Reply: what range finder????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.