Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote (pic)

Old 01-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote (pic)

Ronnie I fixed it and it is on your site you can just change it now what you need is to make your files smaller with a photo editing product I use Picture it. Roy
Old 01-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice yote, congrats! We have them in No. Va., I have seen a few, I have never seen one near Fredericksburg though and I will admit it does not break my heart, I would bust one in a heart beat if I saw one though.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 01-03-2003, 05:42 AM

Have any of you guys ever seen a black coyote? I saw one recently that was large enough that I thought it was a small deer when it was 150-200 yds away. I would almost say it was a German sheperd except others have seen it and insist it is a 'yote.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 01-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

cmndr, What you described is probably a coy-dog. Have seen a few in Central WI.

hc4runner, NICE Yoye!!! congrats

"Semper Fi"
Old 01-03-2003, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job on the 'yote.

Seen a big female that was a dark charcoal color a few years ago, but she never got within range.

Shoot often - Hunt always
Old 01-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

JimmyMo, I dont know how much he weighed, but he seemed rather small compared to some of the yotes we have here in Southeast MO. We are overrun with them down here despite heavy hunting pressure.
They are fun to hunt after the bowseason is over and they definately need to be controlled because they are taking a toll on the rabbit and pheasant population.

Thanks Roy, at least I did get a picture this time.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:21 AM

congrats
Old 01-05-2003, 09:00 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

This an honest question. I am not being a smartass. What do you do with it? I know that they are working their way back into VA and you can hunt them most of the year, I think. But are they a real nuisance? are they dangerous? I havn't seen any of them in my area yet. Have seen bobcat, fox and I almost stepped on something walking out of the woods that looked kind of like a badger. scared the hell out of me. Chupacabra maybe? anyway ....what do you do with the coyote now?

David
Old 01-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Banned

Were you deer hunting at the time and it just happened along or were you just out for the day? Nice job!

Old 01-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

dpv, as far as being a nuisance I would say that they are to me because I also like to hunt rabbits, quails, and pheasants and since these predators moved here to Southeast MO. years ago we have seen a huge decline in rabbits especially. I know that are some who might think that its just another excuse to kill them but its not. I have had plenty of chances to kill bobcats and foxes while bowhunting but since their numbers are relatively low in my area I just dont think that they pose as big a threat as coyotes do so I let those walk.
Now as far as what to do with them, I wished I would have gotten this one mounted because he had beautiful pelt, you can also sell their pelts to fur dealers. Anyway thats the reason I will sling an arrow at one anytime they give me an opportunity.

Quick Reply: Coyote (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.