Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Boy oh Boy... Boy oh Boy >

Boy oh Boy... Boy oh Boy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boy oh Boy... Boy oh Boy

Old 08-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Boy oh Boy... Boy oh Boy

[:@] So I turned off the golf during a commercial and went to Outdoor Dreams. These TV hunting shows are just getting to be too much for me. Honestly, now they have a 10 year old narrating and selected as the "Star of the Show". Probably also the next "Expert". There's nothing less hunting than seeing a 10 year old trying to whisper with a cross bow in hand sitting in a stand over bait. If he said it once he said it 10 times, "BOY OH BOY". "BOY OH BOY". They have these shows trying to be so politically correct that I'm really getting sick of them. IF it's not a kid in a box it's a blonde bimbo that's over bowed or a handicapped person or something. It no longer is, "Let's go hunting America". It's now a parade of PC "Instant Experts" that may have killed a couple animals. Can't we please just have a few ordinary guys in a tree with a real bow, without bait and not pushing Scent Lok as their main strategy. Let's get back to once in a while having a real hunting show. "Boy oh Boy", we don't need a 10 year old expert tracking a bear with a loaded cross gun on camera giving us a blow by bow in a whispered voice that no one can understand. And why do these people continue to whisper after the animal is dead 50 yards away? Back to the golf. Tiger is ripping them a new butt. Up 7 with 4 or 5 holes to play. Golf, a real man's sport.[8D]
Old 08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Boy oh Boy... Boy oh Boy

About the only show I like anymore is Jim Shockley and that is gun hunting but he has some exicting hunts
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was with you until the handicapped comment. I'm not sure how that fits in with the 10 yr old? If you are handicapped you can't be an expert?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Dave, I was saying that the majority of the shows have a reoccuring theme of handicapped or kid in a box or something to appear politically correct to me. It's no longer hunting. It's now a parade of the "Hot special type guest" to have on their shows.I'd rather see some guy shoot a 4 point on public land from a climberthan some guy in a wheel chair over bait with a $1000 gunplatform shoot a booner. I'd rather see Ted shoot a doe and slurp the blood than have a kid sit in box with 50 deer in front of him select from the 6 or 8 possible monster bucks. Rather than take a kid to a turkey shoot I say, "Take an old guy hunting.... they don't have that long to live".[8D]
Old 08-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stop watching them DM, their killing you

Wanna know the score it is already over
Old 08-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tiger just blocked one off the tee. If he makes a 12 he could be in trouble [8D][:-]
Old 08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you on that aspect. Unfortuntely, even the regular shows are set-up for the hosts of the show. People beleive they are experts because they have a show.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:40 PM

Is that jealousy I detect? Sounds alot like " If its not me then its not RIGHT."
Old 08-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Intresting first post.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

davidmil, I agree 90%, andTexasit has nothing to do with being jealous it's just what you are used to.Coming from the great state of NY where there is no baiting allowed I for one am getting tired of watching these huge racks walk around a feeder to get wacked. I do love the shows where it truly is fair chase. Forget the high fence hunts on 5 or 10 thousand acres they really don'tget to me butget rid of thefeeders, figure out what is going on the old fashioned way and hunt without changing the game to suit your needs.

It is great to get the kids involved early in hunting but to build a show around them is a bit much.

The handicaped this iswhere david and Isplit on our opinions. Anytime anyone can help the handicapedto have a more normal life this is a very good thing.Oneshow that does this on a regular basisalways leaves me thinking what a great group of people to do that no matter what theirmotivation is.

Now remember this is just my opinion

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.