Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Loosing the wrist strap... >

Loosing the wrist strap...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loosing the wrist strap...

Old 08-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Loosing the wrist strap...

After shooting pretty extensively for the past few weeks I have decided to start using a T handle thumb release. I seem to hold on the target MUCH better with it, easier to use backtension with. I'm going to hunt with it and everything too, I'm just going with a basic 4 finger Tru Ball Pro-Diamond Xtreme for hunting. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Tru Ball Trail Boss 3 finger for target, got to play with one last night and I was driving tacks with it. Then again, I shot pretty well with the Scott Longhorn Pro, pure backtension release. We'll see how things go, the Pro-Diamond is the only sure thing for now.

I just wasn't shooting at the level I wanted to be with a wrist strap, picked up a T handle thumb release a week ago and I love them. I've shot a 3 finger trail boss, 4 finger chappy boss, and a Pro-Diamond. I like the feel of a 3 finger but there is no way I would be able to hunt with one, and talk about wearing you out! The Pro-Diamond is just quieter and more economically priced for hunting.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Loosing the wrist strap...

YUP, T handles are more accurate for targets and driving tacksthan the "Limp Wrist".[8D] Of course, the first time you drop it from20 feet up you're going to really feel crappy.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the thumb release and I'm about to make the switch. For me it is more practical while hunting, I can just leave it clipped on the bow until the big one comes and along.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 PM

With a hunting release attached to your wrist, it would be rare to ever wind up in a hunting situation with the biggest buck of your life in front of you and not have your release handy.With a misplaced or dropped 'T' handle release, however, you've got a real problem. In one instance your chances are excellent, in the other they're questionable or non=existent.

I do, however, know one guy whohunts withthe 'T' handleon along string loopedaround his neck. He still forgot it one day and has never lived it down - his hunting buddies make sure of that.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine for hunting, with the open hook it makes it easy to hook up and shoot. With TRU Ball's wrist strap system I know it won't ever be at the bottom of the tree too.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Interesting choice....good luck
Old 08-05-2007, 05:40 PM

ive tried them and shot for crap...but what ever works...good luck
Old 08-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I still have a wrist strap or two laying around.....I can always pack a "backup". I just shoot SOOO much better with a "T" handle.

Rick can you get those straight from Tru Ball or is that something you "fabricated"
Old 08-06-2007, 02:26 AM

Hey Matt, I did just notice that Ebay had a couple of Carter Chocolate Addictions for sale. Just anotherrelease to throw into the mix. Still kind of baffles me why misplacing/dropping your thumb typerelease is such a problem? I don't lanyard my bow to my body or tie off my arrows when I remove them from the quiver prior to placing them on the string, and they seem to stay with me. It seems like if a person is prone todropping/misplacing vital pieces of equipment, they will do sono matter how many precautions they take to avoid it. When I showed up the other day at my favorite shooting range with my thumb release, I got the same response, "Yournot going to use that release for hunting are you"? Forgiveme for the Dennis Miller rant.Anyway good luck in your choice ofrelease.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Well, I still have a wrist strap or two laying around.....I can always pack a "backup". I just shoot SOOO much better with a "T" handle.

Rick can you get those straight from Tru Ball or is that something you "fabricated"
It is a factory made part from TRU Ball that you can order from them. All of their thumb trigger and hinge releases will work with it too. The release will also tuck neatly into your coat sleeve when you need it out of the way for climbing, etc........

Quick Reply: Loosing the wrist strap...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.