Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trip to LAS

Old 08-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Trip to LAS

Davepjr and I headed up to LAS this morning to shoot some broadheads. I purchased Slick Trick Magnum 125's and Dave purchased the Wac'em Exit 125's.

On appearance, I was impressed with both heads. Both had a short stubby profile and seemed to be well constructed (no blemishes, looked like a very solid design.)

Next, we headed out to the range. Out of the package both heads were ridiculously sharp. In very little time we had all six heads assembled and onto our GT's. (100 degree temperatures at shooting time)

Now the fun begins. We started at 20yds, both hitting dead on. Zero adjustments needed. We both blew through the target. I went into the dirt/stone pile as Dave went into a 2x4 holding up the dirt pile. lol (Thank God Dave had his broadhead puller!)

Then we backed up to 30yds, 40yds and finally 50yds. DEAD NUTS! I can't remember a single time that I have been out shooting and my broadheads flew this well.

Even in the slight wind that showed up in the afternoon, we were hitting perfectly.

Here are some photos. Enjoy!

Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Trip to LAS

Here are the new heads and here is Dave putting his Wac'ems together.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:17 PM

Here is my form.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Here is Dave's form.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:20 PM

Wow, when did Dave become a Target Shooter. lol

Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also picked-up a Treelimb quiver. It's pretty quiet and holds the broadheads solid. It's even has holes cut out for expandables and the quiver can be set in 3 positions or can be hung on a hook if you prefer to take the quiver off like I do when on stand.

Latest set-up is shooting a 435 gr arrow 291 fps.

And I can draw it straight back. The picture posted above was in jest from watching the sky drawers I hate so much.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the original wacems and they fly great as well out to 60 yards. They are unbelievable.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 PM

It sounds like almost every place is having problems getting the Triton XL's.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Wac'ems are awesome. I had to yank back and forth to get hte broadhead out of the pallet but it came out straight and looked none the worse for ware.

I wanted a 125 gr head and was trying to get the Triton XL's. However, evidently Wac'em hasn't shipped them to anybody. So, I bought the 4 blade exit. I can't wait to get into the woods with them. They flew great out to 50 yds even with a good wind at times.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:02 PM

[8D]

Quick Reply: Trip to LAS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.