Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got the lefts

Old 08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Got the lefts

I am a right handed shot. The bow is tuned very well, not sure if any other ajustments can be made.

My grouping is very tight, but I seem to always pull to the left. I am keeping a loose grip, squeezing the release, following the shot. Using a peep sight, with one pin.

Acn not figure it out. HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got the lefts

Im sure you are shooting with a slight bend in your left arm. If no try it.I shoot a x-force too and if I push it alittle to much I get a wrist slap. It sounds like torque to me.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

if your bow is good and tuned and your shooting in good form the only adjustments left are the sights....adjust them in the direction you are missing...in your case move them left...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

I am keeping a bend, think I am torquen the bow on release?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM

could be. are you catching the bow when you release, or letting a wrist sling catch it?

also, i see you're shooting a 360 rest. try holding your follow through longer, as your arrow is contained in the rest longer than a fall away or prong style rest.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Just keep my pointer finger loose around the grip, thanks I been thinking and I will try that. This is one reason why I want to try the sizzor rest, hope this will help also.

I live in a condo and some people just showed up at the pool out back. Need to wait until they leave so I can shoot more.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what it sounds like to me.Open your hand as long as you have a strap. You may be using to much palm so bringyour grip upand give that a try.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, I will soon as these darn people leave the pool area....[:@]
Old 08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the world of unforgiving bows.That's not to say it can't be shot accurately but EVERYTHING must be perfect.

One problem that can occur when a bows centershot isn't perfect is throwing arrows out left or right.Take a look at my thread and check to see if you have it set correctly.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2020182

FORM is also very critical when shooting,especially high reflex bows.Being too short or too long on draw can both cause lefts and rights.

The first video I am about a 1/4" long on draw but the form is good.Look at my shoulders and the surprise release.The elbow is pretty much in line with the arrow straight back.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YdXv0cKiFC8

This video,I am about a 1/4" short.You can see my front shoulder start to creep up on me and what you can't see is my back elbow(release arm) is starting to drift out toward the camera and not straight back.

I am actually shooting this draw length but tied on a longer loop and adjusted my anchor downslightly and the results were amazing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YYwcNVjcjgU

Old 08-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like to me your dropping you arm as you releasethe arrow? You most likely don`t realize your doing it?I have done it myself many times.
Make sure your still aiming at the same spot on the target before and after the shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.