Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Discussion thread of the day >

Discussion thread of the day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Discussion thread of the day

Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Discussion thread of the day

Guys, I'm from upstate NY - not exactly the land of monster bucks. If this deerwalks by my stand the last thing I would be thinking about is what he might look like next year.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: Germ

I see him as at least 4.5. Look at the slope in his back. I really don't care I would still shoot him
Germ, there appears to be a slope in his back because he is standing in the hole from my mineral lick.

This is a great discusion topic. I personally believe this deer is 4.5 years old at most. Im all about QDM and everything and i can pass up a 3.5 140 or even better but this deer would be my biggest deer ever.

Luckily im the ONLY person who will be able to hunt this buck (unless he travels a long distance) so most likely this year the only person that will be able to harvest this buck will be me (or anyone i bring with me to hunt). Of course theres natural causes of death, poaching and cars, but if i dont get a crack at him and he survives these other obstacles he truely could be a recordbook deer in a year or two.

Only time will tell! All i know is that hes on my list of shooters this year regardless of age
Nice reply, and good position to be in. Hunt him hard this year, if it don't pan out, you may be stuck chasing him next year.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

he is going to be a hard one to pass up. your going to go for him arnt you HS?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Spike

young deer taste better, I have to keep the dinner table in mind. Sorry he's got to go.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I see him as at least 4.5. Look at the slope in his back. I really don't care I would still shoot him
Germ, there appears to be a slope in his back because he is standing in the hole from my mineral lick.

This is a great discusion topic. I personally believe this deer is 4.5 years old at most. Im all about QDM and everything and i can pass up a 3.5 140 or even better but this deer would be my biggest deer ever.

Luckily im the ONLY person who will be able to hunt this buck (unless he travels a long distance) so most likely this year the only person that will be able to harvest this buck will be me (or anyone i bring with me to hunt). Of course theres natural causes of death, poaching and cars, but if i dont get a crack at him and he survives these other obstacles he truely could be a recordbook deer in a year or two.

Only time will tell! All i know is that hes on my list of shooters this year regardless of age
Truly hope you tag him Mike. damn that is a big 3.5 year old if he is that young[8D]
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I am going to take a small game hunting I can shoot more critters and out experience you all I am going to start H & T scoring system. Heads and Tails[8D]
Can you measure ears on a bunny?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a no brainer.....No thought involved here.

Stick-em.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Site Buck Guru

Man, that deer looks like a 4 1/2 to me.

No questions asked.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Bartender

I am going with 4 since born in spring.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

He would look good on the wall regardless of age.

Quick Reply: Discussion thread of the day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.