Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Double Bull versus the others >

Double Bull versus the others

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Double Bull versus the others

Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Double Bull versus the others

Folks,

I'm trying to decide which blind to buy to use for archery deer hunting. I'm trying to find pros and cons between them all. Now I know that when it comes down to it, it becomes a matter of preference. That aside, I'd like to get some feedback.

Don't want to start a holy war, but are there any technical / product spec reasons why the double bull 360 matirx blind is able to command 200-250 dollars more over virtually all of the others>

Second question, and be gentle cause I'm not an archery expert - the blinds that offer 'shoot-through' windows, can you really do this and still not affect arrow flight (or have minimal effect?) and resulting shot placement? Do you have to try an arrow or two when you get your blind to see how it works with your particular broadhead, or is this something that those of you that are blind hunters have been doing for years and its really no big deal to shoot through these windows?

Given that I want to try the shoot through windows, is there one brand that seems to work better head and shoulders above the rest?

Gimme some feedback here,
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Double Bull versus the others

the blinds that offer 'shoot-through' windows, can you really do this and still not affect arrow flight
yes with fixed blade broadheads only. as for me and my opinion. I cant bring myself to spend easily over 200 dollars for a blind. The blind I have works great. I have a roundhouse 360 made by ameristep. I is 80 inches across from wall to wall and has 6 sides all with portholes to shoot through. It even has a floor! It does have poles that you have to insert into the corners to make it stand but boy does it take a beating. I beleive the only way to get them is online at ameristeps website for 150 dollars. having hunted out of a double bull I dont see that much difference for the price difference. just my $.02
Old 08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I buy Ameristep blinds and they work fine
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Probably not what you'd expect.....

I own a Matrix and I love it....but if I were going to hunt whitetails out of it....I'd set it up and brush it in. So...if I'm gonna do that....the DB loses some of its iluustriousness. I'd go with a cheaper (not necessarily "lesser") model.

I'd be calling Buckeye and ordering the ASAT.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi hoot,
I have had different blinds but not the DB. I have been in a DB but I do not own one. That being said the material used in the DB was superior to that of my best blind the Ameristep Brickhouse.
The DB had the 360 viewable but i can also see in all directions out of my blind if i want to. However I always set up brushed in with the back windows closed so as not to get silhouetted.
With the Brickhouse I cut my lanes as anyone would using a treestand. There are times when you can shoot and times you can't. With the size of the windows in the brickhouse I have plenty of shooting lanes.
I'm not saying it is the best out there but I can say that for about $149 it has worked well.
As far as shooting through the mesh, I and anyone else can tell you it works or doesnt work but my sugestion would be to try it.
For me it works. At 20 and 30 yards I get no POI change using a Magnus Stinger broadhead. I practice out of my blind before season with no mesh then just before opener i verify the mesh is not changing the POI.
Good luck with your decision.
You don't have to have a DB but they are outstanding blinds made with quality material
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard great reveiws on the ASAT, and have personally seen the double bulls. The double bulls are definitely nice, but I still am not convinced they are $400 worth of nice.

With that said, a blind I have personally seen (on display only at Gander Mountain) that you don't hear much about is the Ameristep Intimidator. It has the 360 degree viewing capability of the double bull, the heavier non reflective fabric, and silent windows that can beadjusted from inside w/ magnets. Plus it's only $249!!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:37 AM

Double bulls have superior parts, fabric, features and warranty without a doubt. Only you can decide if it is "worth" it or not.

Good luck with your decision

rick
Old 08-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Double Bull hands down. Worth the extra money. The first time I used my Ameristep I took it down and threw it away. If you want quality, you have to spend the bucks.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me, the answer is.....how much are you going to be using it.

For me, I bowhunt out of treestands and I turkey hunt (gun) behind a tree or in some brush. The only time I ever use a blind is when I'm bowhunting turkeys. So for me...Hell no it isn't worth spending $300 on a blind. I bought a Ameristep for $50 and it works good. The only downfall if that setting it is a big niosier than I would prefer. But if you set it up before-hand or when I use it turkey hunting, I get out to the woods WAY before the birds even start gobbling, then it is fine. I would rather buy some real pimp treestands with the cash and buy a less expensive blind.

Now if you are going to be using it a lot. The I would suggest going with a brand like Double Bull. Because they you will get your moneys worth. So weigh it out. Good Luck
Old 08-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

The Double Bull hands down. Worth the extra money. The first time I used my Ameristep I took it down and threw it away. If you want quality, you have to spend the bucks.
THREW IT AWAY!?! Now that's pure selfish and wasteful. (sorta kidding, gently ribbing ) Why didn't you offer it up on this website for free for somebody who may be glad to have it?

Quick Reply: Double Bull versus the others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.