Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 doesn't suck

Old 08-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Bartender

Default RE: G5 doesn't suck

I finally shot one the other day and It slit my target all to pieces out the back. One of those layered gander mountain ones. But I decided to go with wasps sst 100 gr. Good Luck this coming season.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's great that they are sending you a new one, but there is a lesson to be learned here. Make sure you at least spin test your broadheads before hunting with them. Sure would stink if that 8"-10" errant shot was on an animal.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Shipping cost more than the broad head. It was out of balance, no biggy!
Well my thinking was that anyone could call up and say "Hey, I've got a broadhead that just won't fly" and wind up with free heads.

At least if you ship it back, they're sure you're being honest.
But, even so, you still get a new head out of the deal. You could have 4 heads for the price of three that way, but seems like a lot of work just to get another broadhead.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Fraley, those Gander Mountain targets don't stop poop,and I have two holes in my shed to proof it. The first hole I will blame on them but the second hole is my fault. I should have learned the first time. Hunting I always try to test my equiptment. We owe that to the game we take. But I diegress,the point of this post was to talk up G5. I don't speak highly of a product very often. They are as follows; Rocket Aeroheads Steelhead-4,Rockey Mountain Snyper XP-3,And though I know it is the wrong place to be saying this;my Tenpoint Titan crossbow. On a side note ,my Ben Pearson Spoiler is great as long as you realize it is an entry level bow and don't expect to much. With all that in place;you can add G5 to the list. You can ask me about any of these and I would be happy to tell you why I like them.

[/align]
Old 08-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

They don't cut hair either. They fly great but are definately not sharp out of the package. I'm speaking from what I know about Montecs. I havnt shot the Striker yet.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats my only dislike about montecs, they are a bit tough to get hair shaving sharp. They are sharp enough to do the trick but the sharper the better. Strikers are probably the sharpest head if every shot.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

If it was more then one, I would say, ya send them back.

Man I can't wait till hunting season, you people are nuts.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, all 27 I bought today don't shoot right. Picking up the phone now....

(j/k btw)
Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

If you want hair cutting sharp, try out the ne NAP Hellrazors. THey are some sharp broadheads! They fly like the g5s but are sharp as a scapal.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Sharpness is a problem you say? Should I buy the flat stone they sell for sharpening them. Is it somehow different from a regular stone?

[/align]

Quick Reply: G5 doesn't suck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.