Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Wafers ?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scent Wafers ?

I have been pondering the actual realities of these devices and I really don't understand them, why are they so popular, they have all kind of other scent sprays you can just spray on for cheaper, and it does the same ,no? I have some that i am going to try this fall they are white oak acorn I beleive, anyone use them, any thoughts or comments about them, I have never used them.
DS
Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Default RE: Scent Wafers ?

I have all of my hunting gear in a rubber made container and I place the earth scented wafers in there so that my hunting cloths smell earthy when I wear them. It seems to work well
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

the advantage here is they last a long time, when done after a hunt just put them back in the container and they reactivate. Im on the third year with a set and they still smell strong.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not a big fan of the H.S wafers simply because theyre just "masking" scent, rather than eliminating. I wash all my layers in scent free detergent and throw it in a scent tight container, and when I hunt I get dressed in my outter layers when I step out of the truck and spray down from hair to boots.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the H.S. Scent Wafers because they are compact,they regenerate themselvesand they are so easy to use.I have had Bucks come into them and so have my friends that hunt.I use the Doe in Estrous waffers and I love how easy they are to hang on tree limbs and they don't fall off very easy.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

I had a new one on last year, earth scent,It was pretty strong. I big buckwas walkingdown wind of me @ least 120 yrds away. As soon as he crossed the path of the scent he turned and went running back the other way. I use scent control, so the only thing I could think of was the wafer? He wasn't to scared just knew something wasn't right.
crutch
Old 08-01-2007, 09:02 PM

I use some of thsoe wafers sometimes. I always use scent covers like pine or something like that. they have some that smell like deer piss but i think those are kinda silly. But in my opinion scent free is the way to go!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have a pack of earth scent wafers that are...I don't know...10-12 years old and they still smell strong. Let's see a spray scent last that long. I don't use mine that often. Usually I will clip one to my bow if I'm stalking. I don't know if they do any good but I have them so I use them....from time to time.

I also wash all of my clothes...probably this weekend...and then put cedar chips between the layers and put them in a plastic tote. Sometimes I will even put them in plastic bags with the chips before I put them in the tote. We have a lot of cedar trees here in E. WA so cedar is a good all around cover scent. That's good because I have buckets of cedar planks from a cedar closet project.

Happy and Safe Hunting
Reid
Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love them, i have been using them for a few years now. they are much cheaper than most sprays
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

I love the scent wafers, I have the buck rut, doe estus and earth scent. I use them everytime out hunting. I put one of the earth scent in my bow case and usually pin one on my hat when hunting. I usually hang a couple of buck rut and doe estrus around my stand. alot of the deer that comes my way doesn't seem to get spook by it, actually I think they like it and usually stay around for a while. Like some have mention,itlast a long time, I'm still on my first set I bought three years ago.

Quick Reply: Scent Wafers ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.