Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The feel of opening day >

The feel of opening day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The feel of opening day

Old 07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default The feel of opening day

With the coming hunting season every hunter old and new has this feeling within the pit of there stomach that they will finally put a tag on the big one of there dreams. I know for myself that i am not able to sleep some nights with the anticipation of the coming season with the hopes to tag a big buck. Even with this being my second season hunting deer i have learned a lot during the off season that i am waiting patiently to try like different techniques and different calls different hunting lands all of this with the anticipation of taking down a big one. I have been talk with other hunters around me and the more i talk with them the harder it is to not think about the coming season. To make matters worse a few of my hunting friends in June went on a wild boar hunt which was great by the way but did not help any. All it did was add fuel to the fire with the anticipation of Oct 1 when the season opens here in Michigan. Now not to sound like im just thinking of myself i will also be taking my older brother and a good friend of ours both from Florida hunting this season. So that too is on my mind because i want to make sure that they have a great experience there first time hunting deer. Other then GOD the love of my life Dawn and the birth of my children Bianca,Celena,Yesenia,Yelitza i have not found anything that make me feel the way i do when hunting season draws near. The reason im writing this is because i was reading a article about anti hunting and how hunting should be baned in the USA and around the a World. I think that if anyone who feels that way about hunting even tried it one time they might think differently about hunting. For myself i hope that this feeling never goes away. To all my hunting friends i hope all your big buck dreams come true this year and that we all stay safe this hunting season.

Good Luck and GOD Bless
Your hunting friend
Carlos Diaz.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The feel of opening day

Amen to that! I feel ya! I closer it gets the harder it gets. This time of year is when it starts to get bad for me!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 PM

I feel like a kid the night before xmas...can't sleep, even with two months to go. Is there a solution??????
Old 07-30-2007, 08:05 PM

oct 1st. man i really feel for ya in wisconsin its sep 16th

my bad 15th
Old 07-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

It is going to be so hard for me. Opener is august 31 at noon for North Dakota, and my family has planned something for that weekend...Think I might get the 12 hour flu at about 9:30 at work Can't wait for it to start coolin off though, I love the cool mornings more than anything. It gets too damn humid around here[:'(]
Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

deer on sep 15th but bear starts on sep 1st
Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

I understand that and i tell everyone who has not tried hunting in some form or another to give it a try and i will take them if they dont know what to do and where to start.....................

06 BowTech Tribute 65#
Gold Tip Pro Series 22
NAP Razerback 100 gr
QAD VDT Drop away rest
Cobra Sidewinder sight