Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 string silencers??? >

string silencers???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

string silencers???

Old 07-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default string silencers???

if you don't have string silencers is it loud anough that a deer will hear your bow and jump so you make a bad shot because my bow shoots faster with out them andI think it's is just a little bit louder I was just woundering ifI should buy some more???

do limbsavers help silence your bow down or are they junky???
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: string silencers???

Limbsavers are very good, I highly recommend them. As for string silencers, get some cat whiskers.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your broke i learned a little trick... the tubing used on your peep sight and stuff cut 2 apx. 3" pieces and tie them on your string. But if you want the good stuff get some string leeches.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM

Yes, string silencers are great. If you get the Simms, stay away from the leeches. They are JUNK, IMO, but the string shox are AWESOME! In some cases they also act like speed balls on your sting, gaining you a few fps....

Cat whiskers are an all time favorite. They work incredibly well, but the ONLY downside to them is you will most likely lose a few fps, but it's negligable really.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

well... i like the leaches...personal preference.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everyone for String Leeches... MoBow..do you Personally know that it gives your more FPS...becuz that sounds like a lie to me but who knows..you could be right!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cat whiskers silence string twang every bit as well as leeches at less than 1/7th the cost. Whiskers are practical, durable and frugal. Leeches are fashionable, fragile and expensive.

And the next time I get smacked in the face by a piece of a busted leech flying off someone's bow, that guy is gonna have to go visit his proctologist to get his bow removed.[>:]
Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 AM

STS(or like product) if you dont have an STS on your bow you should.. Ive one on my mathews and dont need any other silenceing what so ever..I have bowjax on the string but dont have to have them...

String bats are good, bow jax are good, the new string leech that looks like the string bat is good..(work well for me)

They do work and from what ive seen through the chrono. it slows your bow down only 3-5FPS(pro's out weight the con's here).

Cat whiskers are the ultimate for silence of your bow BUT they will slow you bow down an avg. of 7-10fps but QUITE....

just my 2 pennies.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 AM

I put a Mean V2 CSS suppressor on my Tribute, it did quiet down. I took off the string leeches, but found that it still makes a slight buzz. will put cat whiskers on next. Leeches okay, but not worth the price. The leeches I did have last a season, that's it.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

I use leeches but really want to try the cat whiskers.

Quick Reply: string silencers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.