Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Tree stand trick >

Best Tree stand trick

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Tree stand trick

Old 07-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best Tree stand trick

I guess you can buy the kits and do it yourself......but I have a company that sprays all of our fleet vehicles that sprayed my 2 climbers. I might try the self-applicator stuff on my lock ons.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I always carry a rope with a double hook on it in a little sack attached to my climber. If I can't find the right cover I can often find a treetop or limb to lasso and pull in to give me cover. I tie it off to my tree. I love a tree with a couple bushy trees or small pines close at hand. Hook 'em and become invisible.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I cover every inch of the top of my platforms with safety tape (the technically correct name for "sandpaper tape" ).

I was an account manager for WW Grainger for five years up until this last year, and bought several rolls of it while there. Anyone can buy it though using their company's account number (you don't have to know it; just give them your company name). You can find it at www.grainger.com, and probably a myriad of other places as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Dominant Buck

In our Florida swamps, many of our trees are cypress trees. They start about 2 foot across and then after about6 feet you get a normal tree, Well how does a heavy man deal with that? I simply screw in aound 2 or 3 screw type steps into the lower part of the tree ..then hang my stand. Therefore my Summit starts out at the 6 foot level. I alway stry to find an oak or long leaf pine but sometimes ..a cypress is all that is available...like last week's scouting.I found a good place but only cypress trees. The oaks were too big.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Greg:

I use Grainger all the time. Good outfit. Our company buys a ton of goods from them.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can get that tape at the paint dept of Home Depot.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only use a chain-on...it's all I got.... but I use a small heavy duty bungee strap at the bottom,wrapped around the tree for more stability...really tighens up the rig.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do the same thing, but I dip mine in that rubber stuff. You know the stuff you dip pliers handles in. Or just paint it on.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have the platforms of my summits treated with that spray on liner stuff they put in truck beds. It helps with the grip (my boots)....and it dampens sound.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Site Buck Guru

My favorite trick is to stay in the stand an hour later than originally planned.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gary, first of all Your Daughter HAS to take after your wife cute kid.
The felt is an excellent idea for noise reduction and as for the strap, well you cant never be to safe when you got a family to come home to. good ideas everyone, great thread.

Quick Reply: Best Tree stand trick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.