Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your best and worst bowhunting skill? >

What is your best and worst bowhunting skill?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your best and worst bowhunting skill?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your best and worst bowhunting skill?

My BEST bowhunting skill would probably be that i can hold my bow and aim as if my arms was frozen solid. I dont jump around much at all, but rather im lucky to be able to hold a pin on a dot for a lenthy period.

My WORSE bowhunting skill is probably thinking i will be warm enough but 1 hour later im freezing and have to pull up stakes earlier than i expected to. 2nd would probably be i forget to bring stuff....binoculars, scent..etc.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM

BEST- determination...im not howard hill...i am not the best at locating good spots... but im out there a lot...and i really want to shoot and or see big deer

WORST- scouting...i just dont seem to have the time...i guess i have to make my own and thats agoal for the next few weeks
Old 07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best

I tend to make the shot, then the rush of adrenalin comes. I focus on the shot with out getting all out of wack.

Worst

Knowing when to draw my bow. I've held my bow for a pretty long time before releasing an arrow.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Best: judging distance and seemingly knowing where deer will usually travel when hunting a new area when I've not scouted it.

Worst: patience on morning hunts. Though I like hunting mornings better than evenings, I find it harder and harder with each season to sit as long as I probably should. Even in peak rut I cannot sit all day(makes my wife happy).
Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best: dedication on hunting a specific deer I want that I know is in an area. Practicing for the shot is a close second.

Worst: I tend to figit on the stand, which has compromised my hunting opportunties on more than one occassion.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:12 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Best: Hunting aggressive but smart. That is the one thing I love about ground hunting. I can take the hunt to them instead of waiting for them to bring it to me.

Worst:figit too much when waiting.

Tim
Old 07-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think one of my worst "skills" is over analyzing my setups or gameplanssometimes.... I never just go by the seat of my pants. I try to make all my moves well thought out and calculated.

Now I am not saying I want to fly by the seat of my pants but perhaps not over analyze as much at times.
Ditto. I over analyze too much I think. Makes my head hurt sometimes [8D].

I hunt some of my "honey holes" too much and too early in the season. Some magnetic force just steers my boots to walk that way. Maybe this year I won't overhunt this one particular stand. (I've been saying that for the last 19 years though)[8D]

Best?

Dedication. I'll go above and beyond what most people that I know will do to be successfull. (as mosteveryone on this forum does by the sounds of things)

Also the moment of truth for some reason I am as cool and calm as can be. My heart rate doesn't go up. My thought process is good. Never rush the shot. My demeanor remains the same. Even if there is a 140" buck coming into bowrange. Never make a mistake shooting at an animal.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a hard one for me because I know I can be so much better than I am!
Worst: Would be not putting more time in to scouting new area's.
Best: Would be my absolute fascination with learning every possible thing I can about whitetail deer.
The biggest sense of discouragement I ever have at the end of a season is if I knew I could have done more to be either successful or more successful.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Best: Skipping work to hunt

Worst:Making sure the wife understands ahead of time and not having to beg forgiveness later on.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best.
Patience and the ability to pass up Bucks that just don't fit my minds eye. This goes hand in hand with passing up shots, be it doe or buck, that aren't perfect.

Worst.
In Bowhunting forums, I can't easily cut and paste multiple quotes in a single reply without getting extremely frustrated. []

Quick Reply: What is your best and worst bowhunting skill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.