Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scentlok Question >

Scentlok Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scentlok Question

Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scentlok Question

Do any of you guys know the difference between the Scentlok TimberFleece 360 and the FullSeason lines of clothing. Im trying to decide which to go with for this year and it doesnt really give a lot of info on their website. Any help would be apreciated! I have used the FullSeason line and really like it but they just came out with the TimberFleece this year so i was curious...
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scentlok Question

Full season is treated with DWR

Timberfleece is not, but is windproof

That is all I know
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

DWR
??? [&:]
Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing some sort of water repellant.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.titaniumgoat.com/DWR.html
Old 07-26-2007, 11:15 AM

DWR= durable water repellant finish.

archer58 would be who to contact, or scentlokgdesinger.

Nontypical Buck

Im thinking of picking up theFull Season jacket and pants. To me it looks like the Timber Fleece isn't waterproof and to me that isa big downfall. Not to mention that Full Season is cheaper. I've also tried on both and IMHO Full Season is way more comfortable.
Boone & Crockett

yes that is correct it is the same stuff Wolfskin is treated with.

Here you go

DWR is a fabric treatment, DWR stands for Durable, Water, Resistant. This durable water resistant treatment coats the fibers of the fabric with a hydrophobic finish, that causes water to bead up and roll off of the fabric. The DWR treatment does not close off the tiny openings between the fibers of the fabric, in turn keeping the fabric breathable. What this does in our tents, is keep the water out, while allowing condensation to escape.

How this all plays out in the real world: The DWR treatment does have its limitations, While under about %90 of humidity conditions it will either negate or severely reduce condensation, once you hit dew point (dependant on humidity and temperature conditions) it wont matter what the fabric is treated with you will have condensation. When it comes to rain, there is a "breaking point" for what can be held back also. The fabric can be overwhelmed with heavy and prolonged rains, This can be exacerbated by heavy winds that can force water through the tent. Under extreme conditions this can lead to water dripping on you through the fabric.

So if you want a shelter to shield you from winds and moderate precipitation, and want something that doesnt have ever present condensation issues, IE dripping on you when its nice outside, then DWR is the choice for you. DWR also excells in winter conditions.

Think of it like lite weight breathable rain gear, it works under moderate conditions, without getting you all sweaty

Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: Germ

DWR
??? [&:]
DWR

Darn thing Won't Regenerate

Sorry........sorry......couldn't help myself

Back to the program.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted with the fullseason pants and jacket last year. I like the pants better that the jacket but all and all not bad camo. They are water resistant but not good in anything more than a very light drizzle.

Quick Reply: Scentlok Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.