Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broad heads vs Practice tips >

Broad heads vs Practice tips

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broad heads vs Practice tips

Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Broad heads vs Practice tips

How come my broadheads shoot in a diffrent spot then my practice tips ive tryed diffrent kinds of broadheads and they all do it?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM

Default RE: Broad heads vs Practice tips

Download Easton's tuning guide. If you start out with arrows that you know are spined correctly for your bow, you should be able to tweak the nocking point and arrow rest to get the two types of points to shoot to the same (or very close to the same) spot.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

What he said!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have my bow tuned so that it fly's straight, just eyeing it. I use Spitfire and they fly excatly the same as my broadheads. I also tried 4 blade muzzy and they shoot just like my field tips too. I have tried to paper tune my bow and get it exact but I still have trouble with some broadheads flying straight. Those have always produced for me so thats what I use.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:43 AM

Paper tuning ONLY shows that you are ready to begin the tuning process. It is meerly a starting point. Download the Easton Tuning Guide. Follow it to the "T".
Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup. Easton's Tuning Guide. There's a good graphic that tells you what to adjust depending where your broadheads are grouping compared to where your field points are shooting.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

You can definitely tune your broadheads to hit the same or nearly the same as your field points. However, if your bow is shooting really good and you don't want to mess with fine tuning for broadhead flight, try Rage broadheads. They come with a practice head in the package and the actual broadheads fly just like your field points. They are mechanical broadheads but they open rearward and not over the top. The entry hole is just as large as the exit hole with these broadheads. Good hunting!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jdbowhunter

You can definitely tune your broadheads to hit the same or nearly the same as your field points. However, if your bow is shooting really good and you don't want to mess with fine tuning for broadhead flight, try Rage broadheads. They come with a practice head in the package and the actual broadheads fly just like your field points. They are mechanical broadheads but they open rearward and not over the top. The entry hole is just as large as the exit hole with these broadheads. Good hunting!!
Tune your bow, as opposed to using mechanicals as a band aid for poor flight. Everything will shoot better if you bow is tuned properly. Use the Easton guide and you will definitely be on your way to a perfect tune.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM

Why would anyone settle for marginal tuning? The worst choice is to shoot a mechanical if you haven't taken the time to tune your set-up.

If you have taken the time and tuned, you can shoot "any" broadhead.

The main reason mechanicals have such a bad name is because those archersdidn't take the necessary time and make the effort to tune their set-up properly. I have never shot a mechanical. Not that I don't think they aren't effective, because any fixed position bh flies out of any of my bows.

Every bowhunter owes it to the game they hunt to expecting the most out of their equipment through proper set-up/tuning proceedures.

There's absolutely no excuse if one doesn't.
ORIGINAL: jdbowhunter

Old 07-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have killed deer with my bow for years without problem. As long as I am confident and know that everytime I shoot at a deer it is going to be a good shot that is all that matters. And as far as I'm concerned Spitfire broadheads are the best on the market

Quick Reply: Broad heads vs Practice tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.