Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Head shot with a bow >

Head shot with a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shot with a bow

Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Head shot with a bow

This is definately not a good thing.......Big buck, small buck, doe, whatever....

I wouldn't even shoot a deer in the head with firearm. It just doesn't seem right to me. An animal with an arrow lodged in it's skull, or its head severly damaged beyond recognition from a rifle bullet just doesn't sit right with me as a hunter.(I guess I could see this happening quite a bit with buckshot, so there I can accept it)

Heart, lungs, and liver.....If I can't hit them clean, I won't shoot.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

not in the "head"... too much bone to get through with a bow for me...i would have to pass...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Just for the record. I've killed well over a 100 deer with a bow
WOW but how does that play into taking a head shot
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I see big named hunters on tv take iffy shots at deer every day...
And that's a whole nother problem. Especially when individuals like yourself seem to look up the people on the shows.
Never said I looked up to those guys... I'm just the opesite... I don't look up to know one... 90% of the hunters on this site hunt private land... And as far as I'm conserned. They wouldn't make a pimple on my a!@Hell my 18 month old does are more weiry thanyour 4.5 old PY bucks
Old 07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Then why did you bring their "iffy" shots up?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

not in the "head"... too much bone to get through with a bow for me...i would have to pass...
A well made broadhead will go threw a deers skull like melted butter... OhI keep forgetting all these big time deer hunters are shooting open on impact broadheads now...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Even if I'm confidentI could do it, that shot falls under the "just flinging arrows at deer" catagory and shows me you are more interested in what you shoot than taking an ethical shot.[:@]

Well maybe you have been blessed with some good hunting property and the deer come pretty easy... I on the other hand have to work for mine... So with that being said I will prob take shots that arent text book when a buck of a life time walk under my stand... I can see from your aviator what kind of deer hunting proiperty you have... You need to walk in a public land deer hunters shoes once...

I see big named hunters on tv take iffy shots at deer every day... Hell I just watched Ted Nugent shoot one at ten yards and hit the deer threw the front of the front shoulder quartering away... He was on his hand and knees looking for drops of blood the size of a pin head... That guy takes more F uped shots in a season than I have in my life time...
Except for that deer every deer I've shot has been on public land in Western PA. I hunted most of my life on public land and still do 99% of the time. Try hunting up there with the pressure you get. Hunting to me is more about the experience and if I had to pass on a nice buck I'm happy I got to see a deer like that.

There arenice bucks on public land in maryland too.

So, before you take the high and mighty road you need to know about the person you are taking it on. The big deer I'm talking about were all on public land and that's why I never saw them again. One walked away and was shot by another hunter less than 200 yds from me.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Then why did you bring their "iffy" shots up?
Well I guess to prove a point that if these guys are making iffy shots on tv... Then your average joe hunter is prob doing it too... You know most people will say one thing on this hear forum but when there in the woods with no one watching they will do something else

Old 07-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

You say this after you lambast me about how hard it is to shoot deer? You've had it much easier than me if you've shot over 100 deer with a bow. Of course, I wait for ethical shots soI have to pass up a lot more deer.[8D]
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

You say this after you lambast me about how hard it is to shoot deer? You've had it much easier than me if you've shot over 100 deer with a bow. Of course, I wait for ethical shots soI have to pass up a lot more deer.[8D]

BURN

Quick Reply: Head shot with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.