Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting Question >

Shooting Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting Question

Old 07-22-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Shooting Question

When shooting either at a target or an animal, do you guy's come down on on yourtarget and then release or up, etc... I find myself coming up on my targetsometimes, and not being as accurate as coming down on my target...
Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Shooting Question

I myself draw straight back look thru my peep at my sight put it behind the shoulder and let it go...
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I draw, start from just abovethe hoof and follow the inside of the leg all the way up to the sweet spot and release. Workseverytime.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do the smae thing WIS BOW HUNTR does. It really does work all the time. But i also find myslef coming down on my target alot of times.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:14 AM

I starte high and come down. Opposite of shooting a 120mm main gun on an M1A1 tank! Last move always up for that bad boy!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM

I do the opposite. I usually start high and come down. To me it feels more comfortable and I have always done it
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, I am drawing with my pin on or just around the target and then settling into it.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I draw very close, but above what I want to hit. I got this from reading and talking with Randy Ulmer after I read an article by him. The theory is that coming down is relaxing muscles to allow the bow to come down, relaxed == good shooting. Coming up you have to push the bow up by putting tension in the arm, tension is bad.

From a treestand I am always coming down a bit.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't come from any specific direction. I draw back and move the pin where it needs to go.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bob H in NH

I draw very close, but above what I want to hit. I got this from reading and talking with Randy Ulmer after I read an article by him. The theory is that coming down is relaxing muscles to allow the bow to come down, relaxed == good shooting. Coming up you have to push the bow up by putting tension in the arm, tension is bad.

From a treestand I am always coming down a bit.
100% AGREE

Quick Reply: Shooting Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.