Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rattle bags

Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rattle bags

I picked up a Knight&Hale rattle bag this morning figuring what the heck i'll give it a try. So did i waste my money? I tried it out in the store and it sounds ok, But does anyone have any real field experiences with a rattle bag?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rattle bags

I love mine. They do work when used correctly and during the right time of the season and about 30-60 mins before dark. I have rattled in aquite a few bucks in late oct-mid nov.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest buck that I've shot to date came in to a rattle bag.It's like any other call they work sometimes and other times they don't.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that i have an HS rattle bag. I like the rattle bags because they are really portable and some of them sound great.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

i think they work just as well as horns but are more convienent.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

here is my experience with them. I have tried them for years and have never had one come in while using it. It may be because the buck doe ratio is way out of whack here, but im working on thatI have tried it (tickling in early season) tried it pre rut, rut, post rut with nada. I think alot has to do with the area your hunting and the buck to doe ratio balance. I have tried it on bucks sighted at a distance only to just have them look briefly and not be interested. but the one thing i have noticed it does not scare them. wast of money? probably not, but it may work great for you and i hope it does. good luck!!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM

I agree w/ almost everyone here but especially what ''gutshot'' says , just like any other call or tactic around , sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I wasnt too thrilled last year w/ my rattle bag from knight & Halewhen I used it. I used it at all times of the day and tried it out for a week straight. I got fed up and got out the real antlers and tried them the week after and rattled inbucks darn near everyday I was out bowhunting.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM

I use one but have never had any luck. I don't think that is because of the bag though, I think I just didn't have any deer in my general area as I hunt a great funnel and don't really need one anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

The biggest buck that I've shot to date came in to a rattle bag.It's like any other call they work sometimes and other times they don't.
That's a big 10-4!

I think the key is...don't be afraid to use it. Really get after it when you're rattling. Watch the buck fights on the huntin dvds and you'll see that it's a war...very loud.

I used to tentatively rattle almost as if I was thinking in the back of my head..."don't make too much noise" Forget that...if you rattle, get with it!

And by all means....BE READY when you do it. I've had the same buck come in twice FAST (different days) when I was rattling. He came in fast and caught me off guard.

I think a decoy would help also.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my rattle bag...

Quick Reply: Rattle bags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.