Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping things in perspective. >

Keeping things in perspective.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Arthur....I'm just tired of Lyle Lovett look-alikes hanging around the blind, all-girls college andbragging totheir buddies about how much they're scoing.

DUH!!![&:]

Also, you may try to talk trash but you have NO IDEA how hard I have worked there over the last 5 years for it to flourish.... Your little doe thining project I have been there and done that..... Ittook me 3 years of shooting 0 bucks and numerous doeson this propertyto establish a good buck to doe ratio.

Fertilizing the Oak trees, setting mineral sites, brush hogging etc etc.... I didn't walk into this place I helped it into what it is today despite shareing this place with 3 other hunters Ifbig bucks are so easy to kill I wonder why none of them have ever shot anything but yearlings there [&:]

[/align]
No one is saying big bucks are "so easy" to kill. But as the title of the thread says, lets keep it in perspective. They are in the end, just deer, nothing more, nothing less. They have a brain on average the size of a pear. You do the math on that. How many years do you think it takes to become a fairly good hunter to gainenough"experience" to kill the elusivemature whitetail buck?I would think that a hunter who just recently (past couple of seasons) took up bowhunting and has already killed several deer and a turkey with his bow(which is a pretty quick learning curve)is just as entitled to share his opinions and observations as the next guy.

No one is saying you don't work hard but don't assume you are working harder than everyone else. Bush hogging, food plots, fertilizing land,trying to manage the herd....who doesn't do those things?Are thosenew ground breaking concepts? Of coursenot. Often it is not so much what is beingsaid but the tone or "percieved" tone of the person saying it. If you sound "holier than thou" or condescending oftenyour message is lost. Just because someones camo is not as fadedas yours doesn't mean they don't know what is going on.
I have know doubt you are passionate about hunting and know your way around the woods but so do a lot of other people young and old,newcomers and"expert"s andthose other people may not always agree with you or you with them but it (IMO) would be silly to think that "Well I have more experiencethan youso I'm right"is very convincing and that is kind ofwhat it sounds like.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Dominant Buck

God scott....you'rekillin me.

I don't agree with you......and suddenly I cannotprocess type?

Thats good advice, Scott. Sound. (whatever....lol)

Old 07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

They are in the end, just deer, nothing more, nothing less.
This ruffles a LOT of feathers......but I've said it before.....this isn't rocket science.

The difference between you and me Scott.....as in what we harvest every year......is where we live. I hunt my woods hard. If you think differently......then you're more elitist than I thought.

P&Y Entries since NINETEEN-EIGHTY....lol. Nope....Location has nothing to do with it. Let's all book us a monster whitetail hunt in Homestead.....or maybe Charleston!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:50 PM

What would a unicorn with a 9" horn score?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

the poor horse is dead, quit beating it[&o]. Agree to Disagree, and shake hands...
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

"nine"
Old 07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

"nine"
sorry he gets 4 H measurments. Say 1'' X 4

Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea loosers always shoot the first buck they see...............

This from another thread.............

I'd say it's going pretty well here as well. When we aren't getting the farm ready for the season we've been spending the evenings just glassing the plots. Saturday there were nearly 40 deer that came out and atleast 15 of those were bucks, atleast 8 of thos were P&Y class animals.

You need to hunt harder if you want to kill mature bucks..
Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet avatar... Germ.

....you killed my father.. prepare to die!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

"nine"
sorry he gets 4 H measurments. Say 1'' X 4

Correct!

Would you consider a 13" unicorn to be mature? I guess it depends on location. But then again, they live everywhere, you just have to look harder.

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.