Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Here you go smartguys! Thanks >

Here you go smartguys! Thanks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here you go smartguys! Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here you go smartguys! Thanks

Heres a ? for you arrow knowledgable people! I am currently shooting a 29'' Easton St.Epic 400 arrow with wraps and 4'' vanes tipped with a90 grn field tip out of Martin Jaguar at 64lbs at aprox 264fps! I shoot these arrows perfectly!

I am ordering a new dozen in a week but i am going to add a 30grn tracer lighted nock to them!
My question is will i be under-over spined with these nocks? Am i under-over spined now? Will these nocks throw the balance of the arrow off?

I tried to look on the Easton shaft selecter but i mine as well stare at a wall because i cant make any sense out of the spine thing??
Thanks guys i am depending on some of you!!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here you go smartguys! Thanks

Man I don't know really,but I would think that by adding that much weight to the back of the arrow it would mess up your foc. you could add weight to the front end like go to a 125gr,but that would weaken your arrow spine.My advice is to seek the advice of a good pro shop.Good luck.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trebor i wish i had a good pro shop around to ask! The only good one we has closed up! Thx anyhow!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would think you will be O.K, if the arrows don't fly as well with the tracer nocks just simply take it off. Another idea if the tracer nocks don't work is to use a reflective wrap. It serves the same purpose but doesn't mess up FOC as bad and you are already using wraps.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Dominant Buck

The charts are a starting point. They're not golden. Heavier in the back won't change it as much as heavier in the front. You should be OK if they shoot good now... only experimention will tell.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Google "OnTarget2" and download their free/trial arrow selector software.
This should make arrow selection a little easier, and it will give you a better understanding of how much weight affects arrow spine, ke, foc, and speed.
gl