Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any rumors on IL nonres tags >

Any rumors on IL nonres tags

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any rumors on IL nonres tags

Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any rumors on IL nonres tags

Ok somebody has to have heard a rumor about how many were sold. Is there really going to be a draw? I need to know!!!!!! What diff does it make if they sell 20,000 or 21,000.I can't believe they do it this way. I plant food plots in the spring, and I might not even get to hunt them. I scout all winter and save my vacation for bowhunting the rut. And I might not even get a tag. But some rich yahoo who spends 3-5 days at an outfitters camp can get his tag. Excuse me I just had to vent. Doesn't seem fair![:@]
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any rumors on IL nonres tags

Dont' worry I'll take care of your food plots, in case you don't get a tag

Seriously I haven't heard anything.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:33 PM

The outfitter I guide for told me yesterday that everyone that has applied got a tag. He checked with the DNR and they told him everyone will get one. Should be no problem!
And I am not talking just everyone going to an oufitter, I am talking everyone!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHEEEEEEEW!!!!! Now I can sleep better.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

WHEEEEEEEW!!!!! Now I can sleep better.
Man, I'm glad you got that settled.......Even I was losing sleep over this one....[8D]

No, seriously, glad it's gonna work out bud. That would be aggravating as hell.....Work that hard and not even get to hunt......It is all about the money though.....Hence why the outfitters hunter's will get them.....
Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wished I had applied for the archery season, I had an Illness/death in the family and I forgot, I was going to do a combo hunt, so now I will just do the shotgun hunt. Wish there was stilla chance to get a bow tag
Old 07-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Horrible news,

ALL NON RESIDENT TAGS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED !!! [:-]

Only 1,000 tags will be available for next season and they will be auctioned off, aftewards the proceeds will be used to buy new hunting equipment for myself.

Wouldn't that be GREAT!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being a resident of Illinois, I think 20,000 N.R tags issued is about 15,000 too many. And don't even get me started on the outfitter situation here. I know many of you will respond negative to my feelings towards this, but I live here, pay taxes here, and have had hunting land suddenly "closed" to me because an outfitter from NY bought the rights to lease the land and then it's back to square one. But Iknow that money makes the world go around, and it will only get worse. It's like those maps they showed years back of the projected migration of killer bees, now your in West Central IL, in 3-5 years, it'll be 50% of the state.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

It's like those maps they showed years back of the projected migration of killer bees, now your in West Central IL, in 3-5 years, it'll be 50% of the state.
LOL! Good comparison! LOL!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Site Buck Guru

Did anyone seriously think that they wouldn't sell as many as they could at $435 a pop, even if it went over 20K??!!!

Quick Reply: Any rumors on IL nonres tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.