Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!! >

Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:37 AM

Default RE: Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

I wouldn't buy a beat up "new" bow either.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well let's see???? You went there in February and shot 3 different bows to get the feel. It's OK for someone to buy the bows you test fired but you won't buy one if it's had an arrow through it? The rest can be changed or upgraded. Sites, restetc are accessories...... you get the one you pay for. The bow has a warranty whether it's out of the box or shot a thousand times. The Bowtechs don't come with them. I'd say you're professing one thing..."it's out of the box or I'm not buying".... and "Oh, I want you to set up these bows for me to try out". A dealer can't do it both ways unless you're willing to wait for a couple weeks for a bow to come in. Give him your deposit. Tell him you want new and stop your crying. If you wanted it sooner you should have ordered it sooner. Bowtechs are hot and they go fast. Dealers can't keep them. I was in a Mathews dealership not too long ago that was trying to get the Bowtech line because that's what people wanted and he didn't have them. He still doesn't and probably won't. Discouraged??? Upset??? Mad??? The guy is out of bows. It cost a lot of money to stock them. They try to stock what they think they'll sell and not much else. They come in a variety of draw lengths, weights etc. They can't stock them all in hopes that the guy that shot a couple arrows from 3 different bows in February walks in the day it arrives at his store. It's a small business that demands managing and not overstocking. and... WHAT should you do???? Buy from the Internet???? Are you serious? You have no idea what you'll get from the internet and there's no return. It could be shot a zillion times.... and you won't find a new bowtech there. I waited a couple months for my bowtech. My shop owner waited a lot longer for a left handed bowtech. That was the production schedule, lefties waited until they answered the call of the majority... right handed folks. and to think... you're worried about a couple arrows through a bow.
WOW!!!

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I read this response. Please tell me that you are kidding? If not, wow!!!

I agree with the orginal poster 100%. If I busted my A$$ to save up hard earned money to buy a NEW bow, that is what I want!!!

I would NOT want a bow that had been used as a tester. Espically not at FULL price!!! If the dealer knew he only had one bow left and it was the "tester", he should have informed the gentleman that the "tester" was the only bow that he had left in stock, but he would sale it to him if he wanted it.

Obviously you have no sense of the business world when it comes to customer service.

The demands and production mean squat to a customer.A customer wants a product. He doesn't want to sit there and listen to this and that about demand. However, a "reasonable" customer would understand if the product he is trying to buy is a "hot" item.

If this takes place, its the DEALERS place to "satisfy" thecustomer with"words" or a simular product.

I am all for supporting localshops, but if they don't have what I need, damn right I will order it on the internet. Whats wrong with that? Not a thing. Just b/c its on the internet, doesn't mean itssomemega store that is putting the little man out of business. It may be a very small hometown type business that just seen the "light" when it comes to internet sales.

As foryourwarranty.....a lot of warranties aren't transferable. it may be in this case, i don' t know, but i wouldcheck. alot of companies also only stand by their warranties ifthe product was bought NEW and/or from a certified dealer.

I am just sittin' here wondering whatgives you the right to bash this guy for doingwhat probably 99% of us would havedone.

I couldgo on and on, but I would sit here for hoursin regards to your reply.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

First off StrutNtom you can't get a Bowtec off the internet. 2nd, almost always you have to order a Bowtect because the adverage dealer cannot afford to stock very many of them as David said. The shop the gentleman is dealing with is not one I would want to have to deal with. Maybe I'm spoiled by the one I use. Everything David said is true, he could have put it in more friendly terms but that's David and you would know that if you've been here a while. BTW, David uses the same shop as I and untill you experience top notch customer service you won't releize how lucky you would be to have a shop like the one I frequent instead of the run of the mill shops that are so plentiful.
4tracks, just get sized and fitted for the bow you saved so long and hard for and order it. You still have plenty of time even though you are itching to drop I beleive you said $1200. Don't short yourself, get what you wanted.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2006-Bo...ow-package.htm

He can get what he's looking for right here. I almost bought this same bow from here, but at the last minute I shot a PSE Firestorm X and decided it was the bow for me, got it at my local dealer.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mcouey

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2006-Bowtech-Tribute-Package/2006-Bowtech-Tribute-bow-package.htm

He can get what he's looking for right here. I almost bought this same bow from here, but at the last minute I shot a PSE Firestorm X and decided it was the bow for me, got it at my local dealer.
He cannot unless there is no Bowtec dealer within so many miles of him. Read the fine print.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

He said he had to drive an hour to get one, I'd be surprised if he doesn't qualify for "Bowtech in the Boonies".
Old 07-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckslayer06

Switchback XT for sure....I got one and I love it...its dead silent...the only thing I hear is my arrow hitting flesh.
Haha that will fix all your problems!!!!!

Anway, i misread the post originally.I didnt know that the bow was still new, it had just been set up already with a few things in the shop. When i orginally read it i thought he was trying to pass off a used 2006 as a new model...my bad
Old 07-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with both sides here. First off, just because there is a sight and rest on the bow wouldn't deter me from purchasing it. Now, if the bow looked like it was thrown down a flight of steps then that's adifferent story. What we need to remember as well is that you also can't walk into an archery shop and say "I don't want a tester bow". If I said that at any reputable shop they'd laugh. reason being is that every stinkin' bow on the shelf is a "tester" bow. I don't know of a single archery shop around that can afford to buy one of each model and let it just sit on the shelf for people to shoot. So if people are going to say..."I want a bow that has never been shot" chances are they are going to have to wait until a new one arrives because 90% of the bows on the shelf have an arrow through them. On the other hand the dealer should have been open an honest with you about the condition of the bow. That would be my biggest issue with this entire scenario. Like I said, a few shots through it are to be expected but if it was in as bad of a condition as you said he should have said something.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

I'm on the Davidmil side of the fence. Unless you are lucky or buying from a box store, most bows will have been shot before. I personnally like the fact that others have tested a bow out beforeI shoot it. Any flaws are found and I can see if that particular bow or model has any wear points that I don't like. As long as the bow isn't beat up, I'd take it. You, the proshop, and others have a different idea of what is "new." Looks like a classic look of lack of communication between you and the proshop. We have all learned the hard way that we need to communicate our thoughts and questions better. You can be upset with the proshop if you want to be, but some of the blame also lies with you and not letting the proshop know your expectations. I have been in the same spot as you. Just that my purchase involved a vehicle and several thousand more dollars.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

No one is holding a gun to your head to make you buy a bow man. If you don't like what they have in stock, then be willing to wait two weeks for one brand spankin' new. Its not the end of time or anything.... sucks that you had to drive an hour... but other than that, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Quick Reply: Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.