Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are you going to do differantly this year? >

What are you going to do differantly this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are you going to do differantly this year?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Default RE: What are you going to do differantly this year?

I like a lot of what has already been said, like spending more time out hunting, trying to focus more on a good shot and not get carried away, new equipment and not over hunting one spot.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

New bow and a whole lot of practice. I will not be foiled this year.

During rut I am going to be more aggressive and will hunt from sunrise to sunset.

I'm also going to take the first mature doe I see with my bow. Last year I let 2 nice does in close range (1 about 15 yards broadside) go b/c they were doing the look over their shoulder thing and I was waiting on the big boy. One turned out to be a dog (which I heard just as soon as she got out of range). No we don't use dogs, it was a stray.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:25 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with others. I want to do some all day hunts. Its hard for me b/c I get hungry. I need to pack more food.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

more pre season practice and scouting
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Be more critical about my stand setups, get them really right. Having them in exactly the right place, not just close. Getting them plenty high, shooting lanes to cover the right places without exposing me too much, smooth the bark on the trunks to make them quiet, entry and egress routes planned, that kind of thing. Plan on having it all done by the end of July, which leaves two full months before season. I should have had it all done already, but had some illness in the family that had to take priority.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am buying a ground blind that will conceal me a bit more. This enables me to hunt some spots that have no trees to hang a stand on that I had some close encounters with some big boys last year. A ground blind would have been nice to have last year.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Hunt additional areas as the state says I can only take one deer in my home area now instead of 3 as in years previous.

And not use any scents and use that money on minerals and food plot seed instead.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM

I'm going try to get my ass out of bed for more morning hunts. It's just so hard sometimes, but I know it's worth it.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 PM

Spend more time scouting and more time hunting.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM

This year I am going to wear warmer clothing. I froze both berries off last year sitting on a ridge and trying to "tough it out".

Also, this year I am not going to hunt on "inner feelings". I felt that this one stand was lucky last year and wasted 90% of my trip realizing that I wasn't going to see squat.

Quick Reply: What are you going to do differantly this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.