Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What does everyone think about breeder deer? >

What does everyone think about breeder deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Grow them as big as we can
45.45%
I dont like the idea but i can tolerate it
31.82%
We should do away with all breeder deer operations
22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

What does everyone think about breeder deer?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What does everyone think about breeder deer?

i feel that we need to poke the fire a little here. i have to say im straddling the fence on this one. i like the idea of good genes but now it is starting to get insane. deer scoring over 350 or 400. what do all of you think?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What does everyone think about breeder deer?

Personally, if they want to breed deer and see how big they can get then go for it. I see no harm in it. Now, if they were attempting to pass these deer off as wild deer and let them loose then that's a whole different story. Also, as soon as captive deer start affecting the health of the wild population then we have a whole other ballgame (I'm thinking along the lines of introducing CWD). Until any of these happens I say let them have at it.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

What the profesional breeders/deer farmers do is nothing related to the WILD fair chase animals we all hunt so, I generally don't worry much about it. I've found itawesome to see just how large they've grown some of these pets though! [:-]Animals like the famed 450" 60 pt "Golliath" or other famous monsters like High Roller or Drifterare simply amazing! I just figure I don't worry about the neighbor farmer growing his Black Angus cattle so I see these pet deer in pretty much the same light. They are privately owned and purchase livestock, let 'em do what they want..... as long as they don't ever try to pass them off as the same deer species we all hunt.

Sergeant

Drifter

Max

Scout

Rocket

What a line-up !!!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Might as well breed the wariness out of 'em at the same time you breed for big horns. Then you can just walk up to 'em with a hammer in one hand and a sugar cube in the other....

What the profesional breeders/deer farmers do is nothing related to the WILD fair chase animals we all hunt so, I generally don't worry much about it.
Until those genetically manipulated deer escape into the wild, you mean.

The whole idea is repugnant to me![:'(]
Old 07-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree with IL-Cornfed.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 PM

i have raised deer just to watch and enjoy and moest of them are jsut fine but there are a few that will not be exactly like you want. some just get plain mean I had a buck that i could play with and he would push just like he was sparring another buck but then something inside him snapped he got mean and the kind of mean that tried to kill you not just hurt you he ended up killing one of the does and would fight you through the fence so he ended up jerky because it was just to dangerous to turn out a deer like that that wasnt afraid of people. but one thing is for sure and im not triing to sell this stuff just saying what it did here i have a three year old buck that has a rack to die for and the 9 year old doe had triplets this year and i believe it is all because of the trophy rock i put out for them last fall. she never nad more than twins and this buck is going to have a great rack this year also.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Drifter

Could you imagin you are hunting your little farm in MI. If you see a 130 your having a great year. Than one cold morning here comes Drifter to your bait pile. Drifter is hungry, so he stops for bite. He even smells you, but he thinks that is the norm. Now your shaking so much even a whisker biscuit can not keep your arrow centered. Drifter takes a look because your breathing harder than Paris Hiltonwas in jail or one of her home movies. You release your arrow and hit the brute in the foot. Being Drifter is such a wuss of a deer he screams like a little girl(or Quick) and passes out. You go stab the beast with an arrow because you have missed last 4 from your stand, you can not hit the damn thing pased out.

Your picture is in the paper and you are the hero of MI, only to find out you shot Drifter and it does not count. Yes that is how it feels to get kick in the nuts
Old 07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are privately owned and purchase livestock, let 'em do what they want..... as long as they don't ever try to pass them off as the same deer species we all hunt.
Agreed.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Drifter

Could you imagin you are hunting your little farm in MI. If you see a 130 your having a great year. Than one cold morning here comes Drifter to your bait pile. Drifter is hungry, so he stops for bite. He even smells you, but he thinks that is the norm. Now your shaking so much even a whisker biscuit can not keep your arroow centered. Drifter takes a look because your breathing harder than Paris Hiltonwas in jail or one of her home movies. You release your arrow and hit the brute in the foot. Being Drifter is such a wuss of a deer he screams like a little girl(or Quick) and passes out. You go stab the beast with an arrow because you have missed last 4 from your stand, you can not hit the damn thing pased out.

Your picture is in the paper and you are the hero of MI, only to find out you shot Drifter and it does not count. Yes that is how it feel to get kick in the nuts
that is funny....i cant stop laughing. great scenario
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Yes that is how it feel to get kick in the nuts
Haha only you germ...only you!

Quick Reply: What does everyone think about breeder deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.