Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bummed

Old 07-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bummed

Well guys (and gals), I never thought this would happen to me...but...for the first time in my 8 years of shooting bow, i messed my bow up pretty good. I was out shooting my Trykon tonight, like every other. I pulled er back, and as happens once in a great while, my arrow popped of the string, not a big deal...so i try and slowly let go of my draw when WHAM, my finger taps the release and she dry fires. Took the string right off the cam cable slide went a'flyin as well as both string silencers. I was bummed. So now i'm wondering, do I buy a new custom string to make up for my bad luck??! Not too fond of FUSE strings in the first place, and this may be the best time to change. Thanks for letting me vent, and for your imput.

Kyle
Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bummed

wow that sucks. Best of luck too you. Did you check the limbs good?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you check the limbs good?
Yes, everything seems to check out. thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Dominant Buck

The first thing you should do is solve the problem of the arrow popping off the string. That SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. You're doing something wrong or have a piece of mismatched equipment or something. There's really no way that should or can happen if you're set up correctly, PERIOD. If it happens in practice it's bound to happen with the buck of your dreams standing in front of you. Fix the problem, loop, new release...whatever it takes. It shouldn't be like that.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 AM

Man, that's too bad. I would definitely take the opportunity to put some sort of quality aftermarket strings on your bow.

I just put on a new set of blue and silver Winner's Choice on my bow the other evening.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

and as happens once in a great while, my arrow popped of the string
David, don't get me wrong this happens maybe once a month if that. I have a loop, and fairly new release. I believe this happened because i was just finishing up, a little tired, and hot and most likely didn't get her nocked properly,,,excuses i know. Its my own fault, not my equipment. But thank you for your thoughts.

Wash, I was actually justlooking at WC, seems like a great option.Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Invest in a good high quality full containment rest such as the Wisker Bisket.You will solve issue number 1.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would take it to a bow shop and get a good inspection of my bow first and then have them install a new string as long as your bow is still ok..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Invest in a good high quality full containment rest such as the Wisker Bisket.You will solve issue number 1.
There's something to consider. WB's are recommended for all archery related problems. They can even cure terminal cases of jock itch, according to some.

Oh, but wait.... It says in your sig that you're already using a WB! Hmmm...

Okay, back to reality land... When was the last time you checked your nocks to make sure they aren't worn out and still fit right?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

once a month is definitely way too often for that to happen... something's going on there which needs to be looked at.

Quick Reply: Bummed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.