Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Grouping question? >

Grouping question?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Grouping question?

Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Grouping question?

I seem to be having a problem. I group better at 45yds than I do at 20yds.

This just started happening not long ago. I think its b/c I got tired of busting arrows...they get expensive. So, I quit group shooting. Now its like a mental block when I try to group shoot at such a close distance.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this?

I can hit the target fine at either distance. Its only when I try to shoot a group at closer ranges. I back up to 45-50 yards and I am back to a great group.[&o]

Old 07-06-2007, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Grouping question?

If you were busting nocks at 20 yards, why are you continuing to shoot groups at that distance?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:21 PM

So what's a good group at 45 yards?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine is 5 or 4 inches
Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't have that problem (or the one about good groups at 50 yards ), but I quit shooting groups at 20 yards and less due to damaged arrows. Even though my target is small, I try to pick different spots at short ranges.

I can see how trying to not damage arrows might affect your shooting, if that's what your thinking about the whole time.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Mine too. I figure solid bow shooting to be a 1" group spread for every ten yards the arrow travels. Sometimes, I get a ringer and pull off a 2" group at 40 yards - but 4" is in the zone.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish i could pull off a 2 inch group at 40 yards and i could prolly get down to 3" if i wasnt using .039 pins, they stink becasue of how big they are[&:]
Old 07-06-2007, 04:15 PM

I don't know about the small pin thing. Tried those for awhile found them hard to see from inside the Double Bull Matrix. And it didn't cause me to shoot any better.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i figured out what half my problem was, i was shooting and immediately nocking another arrow and shooting again. Today i shot waited a minute or so and got much better results.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Typical Buck

I was just messin' around today and thought I would try to group shoot at 20yds. I honestly think its that I practially forced myself to stop shooting groups at that distance b/c I was busting 2 or more arrows at a time.. I have no idea why I tried it again. Just did. But its weird at how the mental thing has affected me.

As for my group at 40yds. I can reach out and almost put my hand around all five arrows at the same time when i go to pull them out of the target.. So, i am guessing what, 3-4in group?

Quick Reply: Grouping question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.