Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have a question about nocks? >

Have a question about nocks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have a question about nocks?

Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Have a question about nocks?

The nocks seem to fit very loose on my string. The little catch at the very end of the nock is all that holds the arrow on the string. Hope this make sense? Do the made different sizes of nocks meaning the inside where the string goes?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Default RE: Have a question about nocks?

If your arrow doesn't fall off the string if you hang it perpendicular to the ground and a light tap will unhook it from the string, your nock fits fine. You don't want them too tight. Also if they are too loose and fall off on their own, you can reserve with a larger diameter serving.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Thank you. Ya when I put the arrow on you can move it back n forth a little. It feels to loose to me.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:17 PM

You want it a bit tighter than that. Some nocks, like the Easton "G" nock come in different throat sizes but their "x" nock doesn't. If you can't get a smaller throat size then you'll need to reserve with larger diameter serving thread.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Thought so, Thanks alot for the info.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had loose nocks on my XX75s that I use with my recurve. I boiled a pot of water, dipped the nock in for a few seconds, placed it on the string and pinched it a bit, (use pliers, HOT). Don't make them too tight or you will have to start over. This way is easier than reserving to me.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I had loose nocks on my XX75s that I use with my recurve. I boiled a pot of water, dipped the nock in for a few seconds, placed it on the string and pinched it a bit, (use pliers, HOT). Don't make them too tight or you will have to start over. This way is easier than reserving to me.
Fine for traditional shooting but not the greatest for accuracy. It's too easy to pinch one ear more than the other.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Fine for traditional shooting but not the greatest for accuracy. It's too easy to pinch one ear more than the other.
Thanks, I hadn't thought about that. I'll remember not to try it for the compound's arrows.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:02 PM

i think u should probably put tighter nocks on them.becasue i had a nock be to loose before and it just fell of my string when i was drawing back.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Kodiak knows his chit!

Quick Reply: Have a question about nocks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.