Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Luminoks

Old 07-05-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Luminoks

Luminoks? Anyone use them, are they as cool as they look? Do they work like they say? Are they worth the price? Almost bought some yesterday at Gander Mountian, but wasn't sure.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Luminoks

What the heck is it? Picture please.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM

I'm not too impressed. They are heavier than regular nocks. And they don't always go off when you twack them - then they run the battery down. Sure look cool on those TV and DVD shows . . . .
Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM

They are knocks that lite up.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, that doesn't interest me. Although I did shoot a buck last year at about 8yds, pass through the heart and lungs and never found the arrow.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have their good points and bad points like everything. I definately had to tunemy arrows when using them. Ive only shot 2 deer using them so Im no expert, but I did seemy arrow after a pass thru from my stand even before it got dark, made it faster to look at the blood on the arrow being as I could walk right to it. Another time I found a broken piece of an arrow while tracking at night, saw it about 30 yardsahead of mein hardwoods. The deer wasnt far ahead of the arrow. That was also pretty nice because it helped in tracking a little even though we had good blood.

They do cost a good bit of money though, almost $10 unless you buy in bulk.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

lilcntry,

I have not used any lighted nocks but intend to do so this year! I have been looking into them and i think the TRACER nocks seem to be a much better nock??? Like i said im not sure have never used them, but they work a lil different as they use a magnet to turn them on as it passes by the riser on your bow! It might be someting you want to look into?

Also if you happen to shoot easton st.epic arrows you will have to special order the nocks from luminock from the company over the phone! I know this because i was having a hard time trying to find lighted nocks to fit this arrow!
Good Luck!
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM

Make sure they're legal where you hunt. Of the 3 that I've personally had experience with, 2 of them failed after the second shot. Increasing broadhead tipped arrows from $20 to $30 a piece really doesn't appeal to me that much either.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Thanks for all the info. I never thought to see if they are legal. I'm glad I didn't buy them yesterday, I want to research this more now. You guys are great!!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Go to Bowsite.com search for home madelighted nocks. I make mine for $2.00 each with a bobber light.
Grant

Quick Reply: Luminoks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.