Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camo:  Regular or 3D? >

Camo: Regular or 3D?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo: Regular or 3D?

Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Camo: Regular or 3D?

In a previous post, I asked what type of 3D camo is best. The responses to that postmade me question whether it's evenworth getting 3D camo over regular camo. I just assumed 3D camo would help breakup the human outline better, but a lot of guysclaim thatregular camoworks just as good as 3D camo. Has anyone done any actual field-test comparisons? What's everybody's opinion?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Default RE: Camo: Regular or 3D?

I think if you wind up out in the open, with the sun shining on you, the 3-D camo is a distinct advantage. Creates a shadow effect to break up the smooth outline. But generally, I don't like to wind up completely out in the open. So, for me, camo patterns like ASAT and Predator work very well.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

To me...it's just something else to worry about laundering....and something else to "move".

I also polled the deer in my woods...and they were split as to wheter or not they preferred the regular to the 3D (actually 3D came in a close second by 1.88 percent).
Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Watching show about Tigers, they have a simple pattern that works. Good enough for the King of the jungle it is good enough for the muchkin from Michigan

3D does nothave enough beneift to justify the extra cost and bulkyness.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:40 PM

Was this the same poll that showed that deer prefered to be shot by expandables almost 2:1 over fixed blade heads?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fair enough Germinator,

But why do snipers choose Ghillie suits?

I don't think that the leaves on the suit will make you disappear or look like
a tree, but it is all about the human outline. I think it might help diffuse the
shape of your outline like HuntingSon said, especially in close quarters with a deer (or in a stare down).

What really sold me on the ASAT 3D suit was the fact that now I just have one camo suit no matter what the weather. Hot, wear it over a tshirt, raining, over rain suit, cold, layer up. You don't have to buy 3 different camo suits.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Lebeau:

First time I go people hunting....I might choose one of those, too. I'm deer huntin!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Fair enough Germinator,

But why do snipers choose Ghillie suits?
Becuase they are being hunted by humans whoshoot back When deer flings an arrow back at me I will be the first one in a Ghillie suit On a serious note pulling a trigger is a lot less movement than shooting a bow. I will admit 3D is better, but if a deer spots me I did something really stupid and not even a 3D suit is going to help me[&:]
Old 07-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

I recently looked at a great looking 3D suit in Realtree AP made by Whitewater Outdoors. As I said, good looking outfit but I declined. Though it had cargo pockets, zipper, etc., the material was noisey. Besides, where I hunt the "leaves" would catch on every briar and sticktite. I prefer regular camo.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 3d suet and like it but it makes more noise when I move than my other camo.

Quick Reply: Camo: Regular or 3D?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.